Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
07 Gordon Waterman 18, 21’ Yamaha F70, Minn Kota 55lbs, Garmin GPSMap 943xsv, Carbon Marine 23'
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to replace the helm my Gordon but there are not any logos or part numbers visible that I can see, anyone know what types of helms were used?

·
will pole for food
1,010 Posts
I would (try to) contact Tom Gordon at the Skiff Shop. He’s hard to get a hold of, but will (eventually) call you back.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
07 Gordon Waterman 18, 21’ Yamaha F70, Minn Kota 55lbs, Garmin GPSMap 943xsv, Carbon Marine 23'
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I am trying to replace the helm my Gordon but there are not any logos or part numbers visible that I can see, anyone know what types of helms were used?
The one I replaced last year on my Waterman was a Uflex. I have an 06 and Hellsbay service installed a new Seastar last year.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I’m pretty sure Tom used uflex. I had mine painted to match the hull. It’s kept the corrosion off it and looks really nice.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Technology Room
Vehicle Machine
Technology Room
@TidewateR @IRLyRiser @manny2376 here are some photos. The reason i ask is I noticed what appears to be hydraulic fluid leaking from the bottom of the helm

Attachments

·
I Love microskiff.com!
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that something that is easy to replace if your pretty handy?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If it’s only a small amount I prob wouldn’t worry. From time to time mine will leak a tiny amount.
good to know, I may just try to top it off and see if it continues to leak, it is an 07 so it is on the older side.

·
Registered
98’ Whipray
371 Posts
Hydraulic fluid leaks are the worst. Trust me,I just had about 30gal in the bilge last week. Still cleaning that shit up.
Machine

·
I Love microskiff.com!
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yatzhee hahha

·
I Love microskiff.com!
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does UFLEX require some sort of proprietary steering fluid like sea star does?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts