Replacement Gheenoe rub rails?

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by shanerain55, Sep 10, 2010.

1. shanerain55

shanerain55 I Love microskiff.com!

I need some new rub rails for my Gheenoe 15'4''. I emailed Gheenoe and they said I could purchase them for pickup from them (way to far away from my home) or I had to order them from a Gheenoe dealer and they would deliver them with a boat delivery. The problem I have is my local dealer does not sell Gheenoes anymore and the ones that are closest to me may not be getting a boat order for quite a while. Any ideas on where to get them?????????

2. Swamp

Swamp I Love microskiff.com!

Ask Taco where to get them locally.

3. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

my experience with taco marine is that they only wanted to sell to dealers and such :-/ if you can find it on the taco web site any local dealer that deals with them should be able to get it otherwise in a last ditch effort you might try posting up on the custom gheenoe site and maybe one of the guys close to the shop will get it and ship it to you? have you even called them yet? custom gheenoe??? i've ordered stuff from them and they've always shipped to my home

4. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

Holy Cow Dude You are in BFE !!!

can You Drive To Live Oak ?

5. shanerain55

I did not try custom Gheenoe just Gheenoe. Thanks for the suggestion. NoeEttica it ain't BFE, but I think I can see it from here. I am about as far away from the rest of Florida as you can be without actually leaving the state. Anyway, thanks again for the inputs guys.

6. noeettica

I will ask my Shipper about Details ... They Would Have to be Wrapped and Packed Into a Piece of 3" Pipe With Caps The Packing and Shipping Would Be more than the Rails !

7. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Holy crap...I googled Navarre to find out where it is and I found that it is a suburb of BFE!

8. shanerain55

I found Taco rub rails at West marine for $78 each and they are 16'6". They look like a perfect match. Here is a link to the West Marine page. Hope this helps someone else out too.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=113186&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=10112&subdeptNum=10176&classNum=11389

9. noeettica

I Think Gheenoe gets $75.00 a Pair

I put somthing Togather for You ... You Have a PM ...

Hope it works out ...