Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, been lurking and learning for a while, 1st post, fish big bend area of fl, Hommosassa area mostly and Yankee town. hit a rock and bent the prop shaft on a 2015 60 hp merc, i've rebuild lower units on mercs in the past but this is the new easy shift model and does not have that little ball I'm used to, anyone know of any trick to removing the shaft? lower unit removed and I've tried everything i can think of, any info appreciated.

·
Brandon, FL
10,094 Posts
There is a plastic clip on the top of the shift shaft, rotate it up. Then it needs to slide one way or the other, I believe to the right.

Then the lower unit can be pulled out.

It is very hard to see that clip, may have to move some wires.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for reply, i was finally able to figure it out, had the shaft straightened by a machine shop for 45.00 in lieu of paying 600.00 for a new one. all back together , thanks again

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TLC machine shop on north magnolia, they used to run Bi-lo's machine shop, elderly guys that know their stuff, i can get the exact address if that would help. really hard to find a good old fashioned machine shop now a days , this is in ocala fl. not sure where you are located.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
TLC machine shop on north magnolia, they used to run Bi-lo's machine shop, elderly guys that know their stuff, i can get the exact address if that would help. really hard to find a good old fashioned machine shop now a days , this is in ocala fl. not sure where you are located.
Thanks a ton. If you get a chance to get their address or number, I'd love it. I'm near Williston/Ocala but I fish Ozello, CR, and Yankeetown a lot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fish the exact same area's along with mason creek down to chaz point. my son used my boat on neg low at yankeetown hence a bent shaft, anyway, TLC machine shop 603 N. Magnolia ave., ocala fl 34475 352 547 8505. probably should introduce myself under that heading on this forum and post a pic of my boat, we've most likely crossed paths as i fish from mangrove point south to chaz.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I fish the exact same area's along with mason creek down to chaz point. my son used my boat on neg low at yankeetown hence a bent shaft, anyway, TLC machine shop 603 N. Magnolia ave., ocala fl 34475 352 547 8505. probably should introduce myself under that heading on this forum and post a pic of my boat, we've most likely crossed paths as i fish from mangrove point south to chaz.
Thanks a ton! If you see a guy in a 17T cussing at his motor and beating it with a flip flop, it's most likely me. I launch most often from the ozello park ramp or the fort island beach side ramp. I do Yankeetown or the barge canal every once in a while too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts