Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
2008 Scout 221 Winyah Bay
No i agree with the logo im saying its a cheep item why not jump at the chance to look good give back to what got you to where you are thats all.... i believe in the American way while it exists 馃檹 i dont see my neighbors as a profit we try to help each other where im from....
I'm on the same page as you - I'm all about giving back to those who support me. But at the end of the day it costs time and money to provide quality products and I have to come out on top to make it worth my time. Otherwise, you would have to spend time and money to go find and procure one for yourself. My time costs money just the same as yours does.

Like I said - happy to sell them with or without the engraving.

Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
No i agree with the logo im saying its a cheep item why not jump at the chance to look good give back to what got you to where you are thats all.... i believe in the American way while it exists 馃檹 i dont see my neighbors as a profit we try to help each other where im from....

Many are not as blessed as my wife and self and we try to pass that on thats all im implying! And that only!
How do you know how much it cost to have these fabricated?
If the OP wants to go the cheap route we gave him those options as well.

Registered
I dont, but if hes had the machine very long chances are its paid for which is my point ,if you can jump at the chance to give back instead of trying to profit thats all ! And no problem with endorsing the plates with company info 馃憤 infact i aprove/encourage it馃憤its a simple item !

Registered
I run heavy machines we have a machine shop i know how easy thes items are made ! With a cnc! Infact this beautiful piece of art was made on my buddies machine 馃槝 different machine but same basics馃憤i 鉂 this piece 馃憤

Attachments

Registered
I'm on the same page as you - I'm all about giving back to those who support me. But at the end of the day it costs time and money to provide quality products and I have to come out on top to make it worth my time. Otherwise, you would have to spend time and money to go find and procure one for yourself. My time costs money just the same as yours does.

Like I said - happy to sell them with or without the engraving.
How dare you not offer up free custom designed pieces for people for the heck of it?

Registered
Thats for sure馃憤 but so we are on the same page im only talking about 1 or 2 plates not starting a new inventory item ! And was thinking more on the lines of paying it forward as they say ....
I mean how many people are removing their poles anyway ?

Registered
Just to be clear - I don't own any machines - I do all design in house but I have to go out to my rolodex of machine shops to get work done.

As for the power pole delete - I think you'll see a lot more people removing them over the coming years as the original inventory of poles reaches the end of its useful life. Owners will be forced to decide between replace, fix or remove. A $50 delete kit is an attractive option for those boat owners who rarely use the pole, or don't use it at all. Plus it allows you to reinstall at a later date if you so choose.

I'm not rushing out to get them made and given the simplicity of the design it is a lot easier to get them made a couple at a time without breaking the bank, unlike some of my other stuff. It's not like my machines shop's will have some complex programming to do. It will go on the website but I won't carry an inventory until I decide if it is worth it.

Registered
Thank you for taking the time to explain 馃憤 and yes a $50 kit made from marine grade aluminum should should do quite well 馃憤

The main attraction to your plates like you said they can go back to a power pole later if they wish or if you sell the boat the new owner has the option 馃憤

You could also use this plate with a couple more pieces added to create a push pin anchor holder!

And i understand now you dont have the option to give them away since your sourcing your machine for the work 馃憤

If you owned the machine then you would more than likely have some scraps pieces left over from a previous job in a scrap bin, thats where i got the mind set of giving away a couple but you dont have that option....plus the bolts exc....make it worth 50$

Registered
@hull marine products 馃憤just wanted to say i really appreciate your professional demeanor,and i wish your business and family well in the coming years ,i know i can push buttons at time ,but all your responses was very professional 馃憤 my hats off to you Bub馃憤馃槑馃檹

Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
Just thinking inside the box here...if you evef wanted to re-install the power pole you could put the plate inside and use it as a backer plate which a lot of these cored transoms need to keep from compressing when bolts are torqued down...

Registered
Just thinking inside the box here...if you evef wanted to re-install the power pole you could put the plate inside and use it as a backer plate which a lot of these cored transoms need to keep from compressing when bolts are torqued down...
I think the design could be used either way - universal as they call it!

Also - @silentdrifter had a good idea about the push-pin anchor. I could even potentially make the plate not only be universal to installation location, but also to having the option to add a tube bracket for anchoring.

My original though on installing on the outside is to not have any bolt heads protruding that you can catch yourself or equipment on - hence the FHCS use on the plate. I think it just lends for a cleaner look, but either way it should work just fine inboard or out.

Registered
04 HB Professional
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Following up. Just put bolts with a washer on the backside in the holes. Everything is water tight and good to go until I can get the hull restored!
Product Material property Gas Wood Machine tool

Registered
How dare you not offer up free custom designed pieces for people for the heck of it?
Yeah where do you get off not paying to work? You need to put yourself and your families needs to the back. Some of us entitled folks need our expensive boats repaired at your expense. You must be one of those greedy A-hole republicans馃槀

Forehead Microphone Public address system Happy Spokesperson

Registered
Remove , clean, remount with 4200 , not 5200, it will stop the leaking ,do that to the sponson plug too with new o ring and 4200 as well, you should be good with any leaks until you decide what you want to do

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.