Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have a couple heirloom shotguns I would prefer to avoid abusing these guns duck hunting, and I’m planning on purchasing an 870. I shoot left handed and wanted to know if anyone has had any southpaws have had issues with the factory safety as it sits behind the trigger guard (accidentally putting it back on when you go to shoot) I realize you can buy a left hand trigger group or even a safety swap kit, but i would prefer to not have to modify.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I switched the safety on my 1187 this year in a matter of 5 min. Couldn’t be easier and definitely puts your mind at ease so you don’t worry about pushing the safety back on. I have bumped the safety back on a few times until I switched it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Right handed but left eye dominate so I shoot left handed, never had issue with type safety you are talking about. One option is moss berg if you are worried about hitting the safety.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m in the same boat on that. Right handed so I prefer loading with the right hand. I like the 870 asthetically more than other models with top tang safety. All the other shotguns I own are top tang or safety is in front of trigger group.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts