remember this site?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by orlgheenoer, Apr 16, 2007.

1. orlgheenoer

orlgheenoer Well-Known Member

Customgheenoe.com

I miss it. :-[

2. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Thats funny. I am on it right now ::) So is Buck, mygheenoe1, and tito. There has been some changes to the membership. Kind of a whole new feel to things. Lots of new folks looking for advice.

3. mygheenoe1

mygheenoe1 Well-Known Member

tanner whats that suppose to mean the site has not crashed in a while :'( :'(

4. skiffangler

skiffangler Well-Known Member

why is there suddenly no one on it??? thanks

5. orlgheenoer

orlgheenoer Well-Known Member

its just not the same ::)

Theres allot of people that just dont post there anymore(me :( but I am gonna start agian)

6. tom_in_orl

Its still a good site. Some folks who came here when the web site was in trouble have not gone back. Some of us are still on there regularly. What really needs to happen is someone from the west coast needs to take the lead on the Big Gheenoe Rally. That is the single most important contribution veteran members can make.

7. tom_in_orl

I am not ready to get off my soap box on this one yet. ::)

There are a lot of new folks on the customgheenoe.com forum. I was one of them a while back and I still appreciate what everybody did for me. So much so I took a turn at helping out at last years rally. Even this forum is a product of Custom Gheenoe. The good vibe from there has now spread into a bigger audience over here.

Put on a good event for the new folks and they will be doing the same for you in a year or two. They will also be the next generation of enterprising folks who will add to our little corner of the boating world. How about Tom_C. He is building jack plates for hundreds of people all over the country now. I bet the forum was a big part of his success and growth. I bet there is someone in the next generation of Gheenoe owners who will do great things if week keep up the tradition of the custom gheenoe forum and the Big Gheenoe rally..

8. mygheenoe1

mygheenoe1 Well-Known Member

lets have a poll for someone to step up with the next gheenoe
    rally i dont rob has a problem doing it or joe w.
    tom did a super job with the raffle and t shirts last year
    i vote joe .w :) :) :) :)

9. tom_in_orl

There was another guy named dave too. had a great looking gheenoe but I can not remember his forum name. He's the guy in the back of that boat with all the stickers. :cool:

[​IMG]

10. captnron

captnron Guest

I'm not posting over there. They bash mah bote. ;D ;D ;D ;D  

Just isn't the same when your noeless. :-/

11. JoeWelbourn

JoeWelbourn "The Flats Solicitor"

Dave---Dave--Dave is our new Gheenoe leader!

I would love to do more but several Gheenoe fellows can testify. I am in my office at my desk most night until 8-9 PM most nights. I am not sure I can give the team the full leadership. We all remember what happens when the leader of the Gheenoe Forum does not have time to take care of things. I have 24 hours and work then family manage to claim 18-20 or those hours each day.

Once I retire in 6-8 years----I will GLADLY step up.

Joe