Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I (and our two girls ages 6 and 10) are moving to Rockport at the end of this week. If anyone is down there or lives in that area and wants to meet up for a beer or something feel free to send me a message. If you have young kids and want to get our kids together for some sort of a play date that'd be great too.

Really looking forward to better learning the fishery in the area and minding my P&Qs regarding the locally accepted good behavior on the flats (FWIW I like my space when I fish and will be targeting places that allow that to the extent available).

I can talk fly fishing and sight fishing for hours. I also am super addicted to fly tying and can throw a few flies your way.

Cheers and looking forward to meeting some folks down there!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also being right there I will be able to catch little 3-4 hours winds of time to sneak out and chase a few fish.

·
Panhandler
2,716 Posts
Welcome aboard. Good fishing plan.

Glad to hear you'll still be batting lead-off for the Braves when you're not in Rockport. ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, up and at ‘em for move day. Moving a house and an office on the same day will kind of definitively suck, but at least it will be over in one fell swoop and then it is on to the good life.

I wonder what they call citizens of Rockport? Is it Rockporters? Rockportians? Roxkportites? If anyone knows, let me know. It is a running debate between my wife and me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alright, up and at ‘em for move day. Moving a house and an office on the same day will kind of definitively suck, but at least it will be over in one fell swoop and then it is on to the good life.

I wonder what they call citizens of Rockport? Is it Rockporters? Rockportians? Roxkportites? If anyone knows, let me know. It is a running debate between my wife and me.
Moving is never fun, but moving to Rockport permanently should make it a lot easier! Good luck!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,169 Posts
It's nice over there in Rockport. Just be aware that in a hurricane, the town is at sea level and the storm surge can inundate the entire area.

·
Registered
373 Posts
It's nice over there in Rockport. Just be aware that in a hurricane, the town is at sea level and the storm surge can inundate the entire area.
There are areas that still have not recovered from Harvey, but it's the same in Port Aransas as well. Rockport is a great little town and it's on the wife & I's short list to move to when the kids are gone. Where are you moving from?

Reactions: Caddis

·
Registered
1999 Whipray, 2017 Tohatsu MFS50
756 Posts

Meth heads.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to town. There is every type of fishing here. Getting some alone time inshore is easier if you can fish during the week, handle some heat and/or don't mind making some longer runs. RF bay is great if not crowded, but don't overlook the smaller bays. Enjoy!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am cool with both longer runs and the heat. I’m also in theory able to fish during the week (as work and family stuff allow).

Now about this meth thing LOL...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts