Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I pulled the trigger a release classic 15. I’m going to start restoring her but need some information. I contacted release on this and I’m waiting for some detail but haven’t received it yet. So, the fuel tank is at the front of the boat. It is covered buy a screw on round port, you can access the sender by unscrewing it. I’m seeing some wet foam and water there. Just not sure if it’s just in area above the tank or if it bleeds to the rest of the boat. Not seeing much leaking water from the back of the boat. Any ideas?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I recently saw one of these for sale in SW Florida. Neat looking skiff! Have you had it on the water? I've looked for videos but cannot find any. I would love to see one in motion.

Good luck with the restoration!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve seen four of them in the last month. Ranging from just a couple thousand to $15000. I’m taking mine to a shop to get her touched up and plan on repowering her with a 50hp. The gelcoat in the gunwales is crazing or cracking? I’d do it myself but hard to know exactly what it needs. I
I recently saw one of these for sale in SW Florida. Neat looking skiff! Have you had it on the water? I've looked for videos but cannot find any. I would love to see one in motion.

Good luck with the restoration!
love the style and it’s got a Kevlar hull. Will probably have it on the water by the end of June.

·
Registered
2009 Release Classic 15
2 Posts
I’ve seen four of them in the last month. Ranging from just a couple thousand to $15000. I’m taking mine to a shop to get her touched up and plan on repowering her with a 50hp. The gelcoat in the gunwales is crazing or cracking? I’d do it myself but hard to know exactly what it needs. I

love the style and it’s got a Kevlar hull. Will probably have it on the water by the end of June.
I have a Release Classic 15. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts