Reel Picture

Discussion in 'Photo Hut' started by paint it black, Dec 27, 2009.

1. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After I got home, I realized I probably should have used the flash on this to show the face of the reel properly.
    As how on here it came out too dark since the sun was to the back of the reel.

2. skinny_water

skinny_water Well-Known Member

This picture shows the opposite effect of "burned whites". In low light situations dark objects loose there detail due to underexposure. And because it's the opposite of "burned whites", black is the worst offender!

There is an easy way to fix it. Because this is a staged picture take it with the sun at the face of the reel. This gives it depth and color to not only your reel, but also the rest of the picture at the same time. In the first picture the cork has soft edges. This happens when you shutter speed starts to slip too slow. By using the reel facing the light you will also be able to increase your shutter speed for a crisper image.

Using the flash for this picture. Yes it can be done to correct it. If you are using the stock flash it will create a harsh glare on the reel. Using a diffuser on your flash would fill the shadows.

-Richard

3. paint it black

Yeah we were staked out with the Wang Anchor and the current pushing the bow over facing the sun.
    Alonzo started to take pics of his reel so I decided to do the same cause I was bored.

4. skinny_water

skinny_water Well-Known Member

OOoooooo, your pics got messed with ;D

5. paint it black

Lol, I exceeding the monthly bandwidth.
    I have two photobucket accounts for whenever that happens.
    What sucks is that these wont be back on till the month ends.

6. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Reduce your image size and reduce your jpg quality. I know it sucks but it helps. I use Photoshops (Save for Web) option. It helps the thin out image sizes and reduces the file size overhead.

Cheers
    Capt.