Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2021 16565 Salt Marsh Skiff 40 Yamaha
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Pensacola and am wondering what is everyone's go to lure for redfish. I personally like the gold spoon.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,488 Posts
Most game fish like to eat lures that shine and sparkle. My favorite lure is the sparkle and shine lure that red drum like on days that I am on salt water casting.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,490 Posts
Red fish lure from bass pro. One blade spinner and a gulp paddle tail IMHO

·
Registered
283 Posts
Redfish Magic spoon, by Strike King, hands down best search pattern in saltwater for redfish. I use under these conditions, dirty or murky water, and windy. This bait is very good, my go to for those condition. Not as effective in calm clear water.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
209 Posts
Redfish Magic spoon, by Strike King, hands down best search pattern in saltwater for redfish. I use under these conditions, dirty or murky water, and windy. This bait is very good, my go to for those condition. Not as effective in calm clear water.
Found this lure last year. Literally wore one out on the first trip. It works.

·
Registered
2013 IPB14, 25YAMAHA
38 Posts
It's been a few years since I lived in Pensacola, but my go to for most inshore fish is a gulp jerkshad on a weighted twitlock hook. My first red was in Pensacola on that setup with the blue over white plastic with the black flake. There's probably plenty of folks around here that catch more than me so take my advice with a pile of salt.

·
Registered
2017 Pathfinder 2200 tournament
12 Posts
If I want to eat, soft plastics. If I want a show, topwaters. If I want to enjoy the process, fly.
If you want to throw a temper tantrum then enjoy life you go with fly.

·
Rex Kwan Do Dojo
2,330 Posts
1/2 ounce Johnson Gold spoon with split ring and swivel. Catches everything.
I’m not even lying when I tell you this true story: I lent a couple rods to a buddy and he actually went offshore. One rod was pre-rigged with a Johnson gold spoon. His son vertically jigged it and caught 4 red grouper.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Redfish Magic spoon, by Strike King, hands down best search pattern in saltwater for redfish. I use under these conditions, dirty or murky water, and windy.
So what about calm clear water then? I seem to have no luck at all with lures in those conditions. Last red I caught was on a live shrimp and a popper.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah I honestly can't remember the last time I caught a Redfish on a lure. Lots of Snook, Redfish not so much.

I'm either using the wrong lures or not using them right apparently.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yeah I honestly can't remember the last time I caught a Redfish on a lure. Lots of Snook, Redfish not so much.

I'm either using the wrong lures or not using them right apparently.
OK, it's cheatin' but get yourself some good jig heads, a bag of Gulps and go chunk them. Can't miss. I've seen redfish caught with the Gulp just laying still on the bottom.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
209 Posts
When I fish a new place and am trying to locate fish, I always start with Gulp on a jig head.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I used to use the DOA shrimp a lot and those worked pretty well, but that was like a few years ago, for some reason they don't seem to work as well anymore so I stopped using them. Maybe the fish got used to them lol.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts