Redfish Summer Shootout - Pineland, FL

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by fishingcoach, Jul 12, 2008.

1. fishingcoach

fishingcoach Well-Known Member

Just wanted to let you guys know about a tournament you may be interested in... mostly because it is a microskiff friendly tournament...

Cost: $150 per angler (kayakers welcome)

Prize money: $11,000 in cash payouts

Date: August 2nd.

This is a one day redfish tournament making it family friendly. Two heaviest slot size redfish win. Fish must be weighed in (weigh station open all day)

The location of this tournament is what makes it so great. You can litterally wade out from the weigh station and start looking for tailers. Islands that hold redfish schools are about 500 yards from the weigh in.

Visit the web site for more info: www.summershootout.org

I know I am new to the forum. But, since joining, I have bought a boat from Capt. Jan and sold my old gheenoe. I hope to meet some of you guys at the touney.

2. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Good Luck!

I hope we can get a good showing from our fellow microskiff members.

If there is anything we can go please don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers

3. fishingcoach

fishingcoach Well-Known Member

If you want to be involved and cannot fish the tournament... we could use some donations for our auction... all proceeds from the auction will go torwards the Fort Myers High School Basketball program.  With budget cuts throughout Florida and especially in the athletic departments, the funds are desperately needed.  Thanks guys.

Call me if you are interested in donating (anything and everything will be greatfully accepted) 239-839-4999