Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out today and started out in the flooded grass. Saw one floater but that was it. Then went to the main spot of the day where I found a school of nice reds 2 days ago. Was throwing a topwater around in the late morning and ended up with my pb topwater redfish. 27 inches not pinched and caught in bluebird skies at 11:30am. Saw some more nice reds but then at almost low tide saw an upper 30 inch fish at a little feeder creek in the bay. It went in the mouth of the creek and came back out and I made 3 bad casts and watched it swim past me taunting me...

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The last 2-3 weeks have been as good a drum bite as I can remember, w/ the only "negative" being most are overslot. ......and I was able to blacken some fillets last night w/o burning down the house or getting yelled at by the wife.
Yeah its been great lately. I just hope this hurricane doesn't mess everything up...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have been doing great on the reds lately. Have been fishing one school and been catching them on everything I have thrown and caught 4 there today. Found a motherland of trout today in the very back of a creek as well but only was able to get one to eat. Also found one of the most massive group of a wintertime school of redfish/trout yesterday: hundreds of trout and hundreds of reds with quite a few trout that would be citations and a lot of slot reds (the most slot reds I have seen inshore all winter).

·
Registered
462 Posts
Have been doing great on the reds lately. Have been fishing one school and been catching them on everything I have thrown and caught 4 there today. Found a motherland of trout today in the very back of a creek as well but only was able to get one to eat. Also found one of the most massive group of a wintertime school of redfish/trout yesterday: hundreds of trout and hundreds of reds with quite a few trout that would be citations and a lot of slot reds (the most slot reds I have seen inshore all winter).
download (2).jpg download.jpg download (3).jpg
Slow down. Griffin may have to change your name to "Loose Lips".....ICM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts