Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today and started out in the flooded grass. Saw one floater but that was it. Then went to the main spot of the day where I found a school of nice reds 2 days ago. Was throwing a topwater around in the late morning and ended up with my pb topwater redfish. 27 inches not pinched and caught in bluebird skies at 11:30am. Saw some more nice reds but then at almost low tide saw an upper 30 inch fish at a little feeder creek in the bay. It went in the mouth of the creek and came back out and I made 3 bad casts and watched it swim past me taunting me...

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The last 2-3 weeks have been as good a drum bite as I can remember, w/ the only "negative" being most are overslot. ......and I was able to blacken some fillets last night w/o burning down the house or getting yelled at by the wife.
Yeah its been great lately. I just hope this hurricane doesn't mess everything up...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mother Nature doesn’t work around humans. We have to adapt just like everything else.
After hurricane Harvey fishing was better than it had been in many years.
Florence did the opposite here in NC. Fishing was terrible for a while but its almost back to what it was before the hurricane.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have been doing great on the reds lately. Have been fishing one school and been catching them on everything I have thrown and caught 4 there today. Found a motherland of trout today in the very back of a creek as well but only was able to get one to eat. Also found one of the most massive group of a wintertime school of redfish/trout yesterday: hundreds of trout and hundreds of reds with quite a few trout that would be citations and a lot of slot reds (the most slot reds I have seen inshore all winter).

·
Registered
463 Posts
Have been doing great on the reds lately. Have been fishing one school and been catching them on everything I have thrown and caught 4 there today. Found a motherland of trout today in the very back of a creek as well but only was able to get one to eat. Also found one of the most massive group of a wintertime school of redfish/trout yesterday: hundreds of trout and hundreds of reds with quite a few trout that would be citations and a lot of slot reds (the most slot reds I have seen inshore all winter).
Emoticon Facial expression Yellow Smiley Smile
Text Font Logo Brand Graphics
Emoticon Yellow Smiley Cartoon Smile

Slow down. Griffin may have to change your name to "Loose Lips".....ICM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.