Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on Friday and had about an hour to be on the water. I brought one fly rod with a black closure and nothing else. I got to my spot and there was a guide already there but he was nice and the school wasn't spooked that much. after about 20 minuted of the fish moving, they started cruising up and down an oyster bar and I went on the other side of the bar and got perfectly positioned. On my third cast I was stripping right through the middle and I watched a nice fish come up and open its mouth. It ended uo being a solid 23-24" red. I have never caught a red on the fly before and it has taken 2 years of me going out and fishing countless days of 6-7 hours of fly fishing to catch this red. I had an hour to catch a red and ended up catching one. This will be one of my most memorable catches in my life.

Attachments

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,510 Posts
Grats!

It took me a long time to catch my first...caught everything else except for a red before finally sight casting one.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have been doing okay with the reds. Hard to get a calm and sunny tide with right tides right now
Grats!

It took me a long time to catch my first...caught everything else except for a red before finally sight casting one.
Same here. I have caught trout, black drum, and flounder but not a redfish (until now).

·
Registered
473 Posts
I remember my first red! A great feeling. Congrats!

Reactions: Griffinz33
1 - 9 of 9 Posts