Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I am wanting to know if anyone has a good product or mixture to remove mangrove marks from the boat. Going through tunnels in the glades can be tight and i have not found a good way to get it off.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Barkeeper’s is the way to go... make a small paste with the powder and a bit of water then allow it to sit on the stain until it dries then come back with a soft bush that’s wet and bit more of the cleanser to finish the job. When it’s clean and dry wax the area as noted above.

·
Brandon, FL
10,088 Posts
Bar keepers has oxcylic acid and if any gets on a galvanized trailer it will rust it out.

I would use magic eraser first then follow with something like bar keepers or comet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not all magic erasers are the same. Starbrite makes the best of the bunch out there and they’re cheap. I have used it on both smooth surfaces and textured decking with excellent results. Dampen the surface with water and apply liberal amounts of elbow grease. Removing scuffs from smooth fiberglass is where this product shines best, but it will handle most any fiberglass surface without a problem.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,254 Posts
I treat em like scars...think of em like badges of honor...*lol*

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
D42DD2D5-F010-4768-BE60-0F62CDE514AA.png
8D5DD0F8-9E81-444E-A05B-7916C9CD8474.jpeg

We’re talking about the red mangrove scratches, like in the photo, correct?

I was going to thank you guys for the helpful advice on removing them...
but I learned them scratches need to stay on the boat like a badge of honor....because:

“If you’re not banging into shit, you ain’t fishin too hard!”... correct @prinjm6 ?

; - )

·
I Love microskiff.com!
281 Posts
View attachment 66640 View attachment 66642

We’re talking about the red mangrove scratches, like in the photo, correct?

I was going to thank you guys for the helpful advice on removing them...
but I learned them scratches need to stay on the boat like a badge of honor....because:

“If you’re not banging into shit, you ain’t fishin too hard!”... correct @prinjm6 ?

; - )
Itll buff out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts