Really Louisiana Tourism Department?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gramps, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

[​IMG]

I'm not one to be easily offended but this just infuriates me. I understand Louisiana has some of the best trout fishing in the country along with seriously impressive redfish, but come on man!

The blatant use of catch & kill in their tourism ad really gets to me. A letter is being drafted now to their department, if you feel the same way please respectfully ask them to pull this ad.

Edit to ad - This side banner ad is on OUR website, Microskiff.com

2. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Damn I never even saw the bottom half of the picture till you posted it up.
    Gunna speak to Capt Jan bout this one, the advertisements are one thing but is that even within regulations? That's a lot a trout :eek:

3. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

All, thank you for making me aware of this. We don't create the ads, they are pushed to us. Let me dig a bit.

Thanks

4. cutrunner

Make us proud Capt

By the way, does anyone know the regs on lousiana trout?
    I don't even know them here as I never keep them, too wormy

5. Gramps

Thanks Capt!

12" minimum length, 25 fish per person daily bag; 15 fish per person per day with no more than 2 over 25" in certain Parishes.

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/node/2566

Appears legal though...

6. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

FYI. Our concerns have been communicated. The comments are being passed on.

7. cutrunner

Sweet

Wow that's a lot of trout to be able to legally take

8. Stormchaser

Stormchaser I Love microskiff.com!

When people start having a problem with LEGAL taking of fish, then it will open a door for the ANTI fishers to make their move towards BANNING fishing. 

No offense, and I guess I get your concern, but it really bugs me when people whine about others doing something perfectly within the law and within their rights, just because it isn't how they do it where THEY live.  I personally don't ever keep redfish over 25" or so, but as a holder of a LA fishing license, I can if I want to, and I'm not about to impose my personal opinions on someone that wishes to keep a bull red, as it is perfectly within their legal right to do so in LA. 

There's a reason LAs speckled trout limit is 25 per angler per day.  There's a chitload of speckled trout there.  What is right for LA may not be right for FL, but that doesn't make it wrong for LA.  I guarantee those fish will be eaten...not like they're going to waste.

9. Gramps

Fish - nothing at ALL wrong with keeping your legal limit. I feel just the opposite, keep all you want.

My issue is the advertising. This kind of ad is what gets the anti's up in arms. OMG, look at all those poor dead fish!  They were caught and just left on the deck to suffocate, those poor things!

It is awesome that LA's estuaries are strong enough to support those kind of limits, sure wish Florida's had the biomass to do the same. Heck look at what the "big freeze" did to the snook fisheries here, how many years was the harvest period completely closed?

For instance the attached ad run by PETA falls right in line IMO with the LA ad.

[​IMG]

10. Stormchaser

Stormchaser I Love microskiff.com!

I agree the ad is the kind of thing that could irk the commies. My point was, when WE as fishermen/hunters etc start bashing an ad like that, which shows NO ILLEGAL or even unethical action, we aid them. Just my opinion. Again, I'm comparing that to my own personal size limit on redfish to which I adhere, and attempt to instill in my boys as well. But I will not bash someone who goes to Grand Isle every September when the bull reds are running, as long as they only keep their legal limit. It's legal and ethical. I just don't PERSONALLY do it for various reasons...one, I don't like cleaning them big suckers. ;D