SOLD/EXPIRED Re: Wanted: 40 hp Tohatsu 25 to 40 hp Tiller PTT

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by tom_in_orl, Sep 15, 2007.

1. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Custom Gheenoe is a Tohatsu dealer. I am very close to going with a 40 HP TLDI if I can not get my Yami. Give them a call if you are looking for a new one.

2. whitesnook

whitesnook Guest

Tom,

Go get a tohatsu 40hp tpdi......don't let it pass on you.....get it! Don't wait too long for the yamaha 25......if I were you...I will get a 40 tohatsu or 50 yamaha in a heartbeat!

If I'm going to order a LT25 DHC then I will rigged with a 40 or 50hp on it.......no more 25's 2 smoker! I promise......a 40 or 50hp on a LT25 is a blast to drive!

That's why I want one for intercoastal waterways and St. Johns river.

White lightning and Easy had been running 40 and 50's on 3 classic for 15 years and never had a plm.

I had run my classic on a 40hp on it too.

3. Shinerkiller

Shinerkiller Well-Known Member

Hey Whitesnook what speeds will you get out of that 40hp and 50hp? The Tohatsu 40 weigh 210lbs that almost 100lbs more than the 25 2strokes. Do you think that is to much for the transom? Those 100lbs are really going to affect your draft. [smiley=bitchslap.gif]

4. tom_in_orl

Thats only 25 - 30 lbs more than Curtis's 25 Merc 4 stroke :eek:

Besides who has time to flats fish when your Gheenoe does 45 MPH. I have to admit it sounds like fun.............

Hey Curtis. Would you mind adding 25 lbs of ice and beer to the back of your boat and let us know what you draft?

5. tom_in_orl

One other thought the Yamaha 40 HP 2 stroke weighs the same as the Merc 25 4 stroke. Somewhere around 180 lbs. The only problem there is MPG. I think Tojo is exeriencing that issue right now :'(

6. Shinerkiller

[smiley=carcrash.gif]45

7. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

YEEEEEE HAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

8. whitesnook

whitesnook Guest

I used to post the results on a custom gheenoe that I ran a tohatsu 40hp carb weight 150 lbs and run with 2 batteries on front and a cooler on base model 3 seat gheenoe classic and I ran the gps 44.2 mph solo.

I used to run a tohatsu 40hp TPDI tiller (210lbs) on a electric jackplate with 2 people runs around 38 to 39 mph with a powertech prop 15 itch pitch. The only plm is on my classic, I only have 4 inches left on a freeboard in the back of the transom. I used to run a lot on st.johns river.

Now I'm looking at LT25 DH-C and this Low Tide will be a lot better to handle a 40 and 50's on it and draft won't be a issue. I will estimating around 6 to 7 inches of draft which it's not bad for a low tide.... A classic drafts around 8 to 10 inches or more...

I'm not worry about MPG on a 40 tpdi......I don't have to run wide open all day....I can run 25 to 30 mph all day at 3750 to 4000 rpm all day. I burned around 6 to 8 gallons all day on cruising speed.

I will try get a yami 50 longshaft 2-smoke at 189 lbs or a tohatsu 40hp tpdi 210 lbs on a LT25 DH-C.

9. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

All I got to say about this is I want a ride when you get that motor...

10. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

Tom is correct...my 50 yammy is suckin down the petrol...I may have to switch teams and rob a bank soon.

I think you guys are right on the money with the 40 for the LT25. Prior to bumping into the Mitzi, that was my plan. The weight difference isn't as big a deal for us guys who are light in the ass ;D ;D ;D

Whitesnook, I did not realize that you had run a 40. One of my concerns was hearing reports (mostly from Fishgazam's boat) that the 40 did not increase performance enough to justify the expense.

I wanna ride one too!!!!!

11. mygheenoe1

mygheenoe1 Well-Known Member

W.T.F

12. Shinerkiller

I had thought about putting a 40hp on my Lowtide but decided not to because the Fishgazam 2 was only getting top speeds of 38mph. So I figured it wasn't worth the extra 2 grand for 6mph more but now that I am reading 45mph I wan't to sell my Merc 25 and get a 40hp [smiley=smoker-bouncing.gif]

13. Shinerkiller

On the negative side about getting a 40hp is that you can't get insurance for your boat exceeding the coast guard ratings. You need insurance. You don't wan't 10-15 grand to go down the drain. [smiley=1-mmm.gif]

14. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

drunk fugger :p

15. whitesnook

whitesnook Guest

Shinerkiller,

AC had his boat with a 40hp topped out at 38 mph because he using a 4 BLADE PROP or maybe he doesn't know how to balanced the boat right........too much crap on the back and caused to drag.

White lighning has his CLASSIC DH-C with 2 guys, 300lbs of gear and gas and his boat with a 50hp yami 2-smoke was running around 40 MPH but running solo?? I guess it wud be around 44 to 46 mph.

What can u do with the insurance? I can get a LT25 with trailer covered by state farm and a 40 or 50hp cover by progressive insurance and they don't know about it and I have done it before......never had any plms with FWC or anything else.

For me to have a 40 or 50hp on a LOWTIDE 25 and is it worth it?? HELL YEAH!

A classic with a 40? Not really but never a plm with me running 45 mph with a 40.

Once u get a 40 or 50hp on a LOWTIDE 25 and u will never go back to a 25hp 2-smoke!

16. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

SK,
    The low tide is under 16 foot tell your homeowner ins and it is covered when in your yard. tow it and it is coverd when hooked to your little black nissan. only need lib ins for on the water. Get the 40 and take me for a ride this way I know if I want one after you spend the cash and test your boat....