Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got suggestions on size and pitch? running a four blade now and looking for more top end. Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed, I couldn't find it though.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
11,035 Posts
Probably a 13 3/4 diameter 15 pitch 3 blade will get you close but there are so many blade shapes, rake, cup etc.
Yamaha 70 2 stroke on an HPX Tunnel here running a 13 3/4” 14 pitch triple cup 3 blade hitting 34mph but it’s a holeshot prop. Remove the triple cup and add one pitch to make up for it and you’ll get more top end but lose holeshot. A custom prop guy can get you EXACTLY what you need without guessing and messing with shelf props.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,992 Posts
My f70la on 18x60 plate flat with scd3 x 15 36/38 mph gps @ 6100 rpm. My boat weight is 1200# rigged. Your boat probably 300# less so u should be able to touch 40 with ur 2 stroke. My gear ratio is 2:33, i think urs is 2:33 as well. Ur motor is 30 # less weight...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
168 Posts
If you have a jackplate you will have better grip with the SCD 4 blade. I also had a jackplate on my Gordon and I was spinning a SCD 17 pitch 4 blade. You’ll have good grip jacked up all to the top, but don’t run it all the way up to long, you’ll overhead. I was seeing 37-39 depending on load, with my rpms at 5300-5500 depending on jackplate level. Hope this helps.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not against another 4 blade, but what it came with, I top out at 32. just looking for more top end, would love to touch 40 mph. I'm in LA so I take some long runs. Looks like I have the wrong prop. Its a Powertech SWW4R13. Also will I gain any MPG's with three blade vs. four blade?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Not against another 4 blade, but what it came with, I top out at 32. just looking for more top end, would love to touch 40 mph. I'm in LA so I take some long runs. Looks like I have the wrong prop. Its a Powertech SWW4R13. Also will I gain any MPG's with three blade vs. four blade?
where you at in La? I have a scd 3-16p. I’m thinking about jumping up to a 17p. I have a caimen with a 70hp and a jackplate. Solo can hit 6k pretty easily and hit 37-38mph.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
53 Posts
Anybody got suggestions on size and pitch? running a four blade now and looking for more top end. Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed, I couldn't find it though.
I have a 70 2 stroke Yamaha on a HPXT. I HAD A Powertech PFS 4R 14pitch 13 1/4 diameter and really didn’t like the performance. Just went to a Powertech SWW 3R 13.5 diameter 3 blade. 14pitch.....runs so much better. I do not have a Jackplate , which everyone in Texas seems to have and I have been told by Jack Foreman that it’s pretty much useless without one. I know that Jack Foreman has probably forgotten more than I will ever know regarding props........Seems funny to me that it is SO HARD to get these boats dialed in as far as the propping goes. Very few HPXT owners seem to agree on a go to prop for a 2 stroke Yamaha. Love to hear more input on this and if anyone is looking for a Powertech PFS 4R 14pitch. 13 1/4” dia. I will make you a great deal or if you have a 3 blade you want to trade , let me know. If texting is easier my number is 239-980-4336. Thanks

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,992 Posts
I have a 70 2 stroke Yamaha on a HPXT. I HAD A Powertech PFS 4R 14pitch 13 1/4 diameter and really didn’t like the performance. Just went to a Powertech SWW 3R 13.5 diameter 3 blade. 14pitch.....runs so much better. I do not have a Jackplate , which everyone in Texas seems to have and I have been told by Jack Foreman that it’s pretty much useless without one. I know that Jack Foreman has probably forgotten more than I will ever know regarding props........Seems funny to me that it is SO HARD to get these boats dialed in as far as the propping goes. Very few HPXT owners seem to agree on a go to prop for a 2 stroke Yamaha. Love to hear more input on this and if anyone is looking for a Powertech PFS 4R 14pitch. 13 1/4” dia. I will make you a great deal or if you have a 3 blade you want to trade , let me know. If texting is easier my number is 239-980-4336. Thanks

·
I Love microskiff.com!
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Austin Bustamante I'm in Metairie. Id be interested to see how it preforms. What you asking?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts