SOLD/EXPIRED Re: CL TLC Find

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by GTSRGTSR, May 22, 2013.

1. GTSRGTSR

GTSRGTSR Well-Known Member

Thats not gonna be around long. Is it really a Dolphin?

2. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

Looks like it has a lower front deck, not flush. And a sharper V than the newer shallow floating models.

Definitely not a 6" draft boat.

3. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

Damn... Someone jump on this boat and fix it up, before I buy the thing.. This is a steal without the motor.. trailer and hull look good from the pics.. If it needs a little glass work, forum member Jon Glasser will take care of it..

It is a Super Skiff which will draft 8-10", but that is still a steal.. Plan on $6k-8k to make it right and go fishing!

4. Creek Runner

Creek Runner Well-Known Member

If it was closer I would buy it and make one bad Azzzzz skiff out of it! I got a 90 Yamaha that would go perfect on it.

5. lemaymiami

lemaymiami Well-Known Member

That's an outstanding deal.... if it's got a clean title. The registration numbers shown would have me looking very closely at whatever title that hull comes with.

6. kamakuras

kamakuras Well-Known Member

I am getting if still there. Anyone have a trailer I can borrow? lol

7. Blue Zone

Blue Zone I Love microskiff.com!

Those are Bahama reg numbers.

8. kamakuras

Guy says title is good. Going to check it out in the morning.

9. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Check the title against the hull numbers and against the registration numbers.

The poor ingrish description along with "I was told" and no trailer says to me that it might be a nightmare. Take a picture of the sellers drivers license.

Great value if legit.

10. RAWWATERFIHING

RAWWATERFIHING I Love microskiff.com!

Seems to be a lodge boat from the Bahama. Some boys over there probably beat the $hit out of it and some one bought it and brought it over here.

11. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

I love it when people say this.. Someone needs to "look" at it in person to figure out whether it is beat to hell or not..

Go look at the boat, before you listen to the peanut gallery.. ;D

12. junkin35

junkin35 I Love microskiff.com!

I'm on my way from Louisiana to harass the tarpon. Someone go check this boat out for me and if its good to go please don't buy it and instead save it for me. ;D

13. TC

TC I Love microskiff.com!

Who bought it? CL posting has been removed.

14. mhinkle90

mhinkle90 Let it scream!!!

I ended up going to see it. Told the guy I'd leave a deposit and come pick up in a few days when I get the trailer. He said no need for a deposit as he would wait for me to pick up Monday and he wouldn't sell it.....but then ended up selling it the next day. My luck.

Any ways the skiff was legitimate and was registered in the Bahamas at his boss' fishing resort. VIN and all serial #'s were in tact and nothing shady. Boat already was brought through CG and all was needed was the original bill of sale new bill of sale and your good to go. He just registered one he got for himself.

Condition of the skiff was what you'd expect for an island chartered skiff. It had bottom rash and the floor had spider cracks, nothing serious though. Front left side of keel had a hole that was patched below water line. Very minor stress crack on the transom. Thats about it. Motor needed a lower unit but as I'm told a 90 2 smoke would fit the bill. All in all it was a hell of a deal that I wish I would've had a trailer to get it with. Someone is going to be veryyyyyyyyy happy.

Expect a few more to be coming in as the gentleman told me hes going to bring more over....

15. kamakuras

Wish he would have called me back Friday!