Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the new Raymarine Axiom+ 9” chart plotter this week and now need to decide on what card to purchase. Local to IRL/Mosquito Lagoon but venture other waters throughout the state.
It’s not as easy as just going with FMT as it’s not compatible with my unit. What are my options and what are the differences between them? I’ve found 3 options so far, Standard Mapping, Strikeline and Navionics. I haven’t seen a positive review for Standard Mapping. Strikeline’s quality looks really good but the zones per card are small and doesn’t include all of the lagoon. My experience with Navionics is the image quality is mediocre. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the advice MS crew. Guess I’ll go with Nav Plat +

·
Registered
732 Posts
Selling cause all imigary sucks no matter what chip for ne fl,buying simrad and fmt like I should have in the beginning ,all the options on axiom are awsome but useless on a flood or mud tide.

·
Registered
732 Posts
@ISLA Mapping ,as to our last phone discussion about 5 months ago when I asked about fmt timeline you had stated at that time no advancement by raymarine had been provided and if or when they did it would take over a year to process thier data and release. Can you confirm this or is this not true at this point. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts