Raymarine a68 old vs new

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by nsbsurfer15, Mar 23, 2015.

1. nsbsurfer15

nsbsurfer15 I Love microskiff.com!

I am looking at the Raymarine a68 for my skiff because of the satellite overlay features. Raymarine seems to offer the best satellite mapping with the platinum plus card from what I have researched.

Can anybody offer advice on the new one vs the slightly older model ? They look identical and all the specs seem to be the same. The only difference I have seen is that one has WIFI and one doesn't. Can anybody explain the difference besides WIFI and 300 dollars ?

Thanks

Here is the one I'm looking at... oh and i don't care about sonar http://www.starmarinedepot.com/raymarine-a68-mfd-touch-display-gold-charts.html

2. MariettaMike

MariettaMike Wish'n I was Fish'n!

"The a68 Wi-Fi also features standard wireless networking so you can see and control the a68 from your Smartphone and Tablet using Raymarine mobile apps."

Best case scenario is you use the a68 from the bow or poling platform with your smartphone to send me screen shots of where you're catching fish.

Or you could just do that with a smartphone and Google Earth without the a68. Jus say'n.

3. nsbsurfer15

nsbsurfer15 I Love microskiff.com!

Haha mike that's funny ! But seriously... Anybody know the difference ?