SOLD/EXPIRED RARE FIND - Maverick Mirage LODGE - FS on FS

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by iMacattack, Jul 26, 2009.

1. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

NOT MY AD!

http://boatstore.floridasportsman.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl_bo?boatflat&1253555753

Description
    2000 Maverick Mirage Lodge series, 2001 40hp Yamaha(4 blade), galv. trailer(new tires), trolling motor and full cover. This a rare, great riding, simple and clean boat. Boat is ready to go and the motor was serviced 4 months ago. Call Frank @ 954-854-3216
    Asking $13,000 obo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

nice boat but i'm wondering how this 9 year old rig would compare with a ecc or copperhead with aluminum trailer for the $$$ ??????

3. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Temporarily Boatless

wow, that looks like a sweet ride.

4. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

I think part of the value of this rig is embedded in the fact that you can rest assured when you pull up to the ramp there's not going to be another one there.

Not even same hull in a different color; you just won't see one period.

The boat looks clean, fits a niche and is probably priced right for a buyer looking to stand out. I would think the owner would need to answer questions from curious ramp folk at any launch.

Cool rig.

-T

5. iMacattack

All I can say is this is the boat I've been asking MBC to build for over a year. I loved these Lodge skiffs.

Oh well... :)

6. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

I spent many a day fishing out of the console version of the mirage hull years ago and that thing was a sweet little ride. The lodge version looks a lot more fishable without the console.

-T

7. B.Lee

B.Lee Well-Known Member

Why are these so rare? Looks like a neat boat, did they not sell good? Or did they just not make many?

I like seeing different hulls and visualizing them in plywood and epoxy. It wouldn't be too tough to reproduce something very similar in the garage.

8. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

iMac can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the Hirage hull itself was so rare. We used to see them quite a bit around here. It's the "lodge" deck layout and tiller setup that you really never see except on TV in some remote fishing destination.

I believe this hull morphed into the HPX line that you see today from Maverick, but again I think others can confirm.

I good buddy of mine had a CC version and I loved that boat. Even his CC version was very light and performed great with smaller power. Another buddy had one with a 90 on it and the thing absolutely hauled the beans.

Very fishable but even the CC version doesn't pop up all that often on the used market.

-T

9. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

right, its the tiller layout that sets it apart. There's lots of Mirage center console configurations around. That's a great setup right there and at an OBO deal a good starting price point too.  :cool:

10. iMacattack

"Lodge" or tiller versions of the Mirage were very rare in the US according to what I was told. The typical set up in the islands were two customer chairs up about mid ship and a cooler in the rear for the guide. Man my wife would kill me... but that boat is in my neck of the woods!

Dangit!

11. Lil_Tate

Lil_Tate Well-Known Member

"F" it Jan. Go for it. We only go around this race track once.

12. slyshon

slyshon Well-Known Member

We actually built quite a few of those although 90% of them went to the Islands.

We used the MMII hull of course with the different deck layout. Great little skiff, simple with not much to ever go wrong with the boat.

To answer the questions direct we limited production on these because we had too many more profitable units to build. In addition, for those of you that have done business in the Islands, you more than likely understand why we really did not care to build a bunch of them.

Skip

13. iMacattack

Thanks Skip!

Looks like a great little set up.