Ranger Phantom 168

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by Redfish35, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Redfish35

Redfish35 I Love microskiff.com!

I am looking for a little prop help. I currently running a rxb4 16P from powertech. The grip is not very good. The prop wont run high on the plate or take very much trim. Hole shot is very slow. WOT RPM is 5100 RPM.

I talked to Powertech and propgods. PT recommended a SWW3 in 16P, Ken at Propgods recommended the scd4 16P. Do you guys have any suggestions?

The boat has tabs and a jackplate with a Yamaha 2 stroke 70. I am looking for holeshot and grip. Not as worried about top speed. Suggestions are greatly appreciated. - JLW

2. Redfish35

Has anyone ever propped this boat with a 70 2-stroke?

3. timj

timj Well-Known Member

Call ken at Sarasota prop gods. I'm running a 60 high thrust 4 stroke and have a rxb4 13 pitch thatpowertech reccomended and he agreed. I'm having a minor whole shot issue which might need some changes to the blades but over all I love it . 6" on the plate no problem. Its just a little slow on the whole shot.

4. Redfish35

Thanks man. What top speed are you getting with the RXB. I just ran the sww3 in a 16P. The hole shot is pretty awesome but I can't turn the RPM's. Only got 32mph at 5200 RPM's. I am either going to get the SCD4 or sww3 in a 14P and try that.