Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spent the last year working on and off to restore this Ranger Banshee. All done and first fish was a nice Snook. Looking forward to fishing it and not sanding it.

View media item 6742

·
Registered
495 Posts
I never saw a Ranger Banshee before I bought my skiff, or I would have gone the same route as you and get a used ranger banshee sweet skiff man

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I never saw a Ranger Banshee before I bought my skiff, or I would have gone the same route as you and get a used ranger banshee sweet skiff man
I love it but like everything in life it has it's positives and negatives. Positive is very wide and stable so for a big guy like me it is nice, has a big front deck and I love driving it like a car, and it floats very shallow. On the negative side it is not a performance hull by any means nor what I would consider a technical polling skiff. It is slow, hard to plane and tough to steer. With that being said I knew exactly what I was getting into waited until I found one with right price and it does exactly what I want it to do.

·
Registered
495 Posts
True, 90 hp mercury pushes it how fast? I fished one a few months back it’s not a performance skiff but it fished very nice. I could care less on how it performs as long as it gets you to the fishin spot

·
Panhandler
2,727 Posts
Very nice. Congrats. Now it's got some great mojo to go with it with that first snook!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True, 90 hp mercury pushes it how fast? I fished one a few months back it’s not a performance skiff but it fished very nice. I could care less on how it performs as long as it gets you to the fishin spot
Have not had the you know what to push it past 30 at this point. Used to running a Bay Boat with a lot more between me and the water.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great choices on the finishes, looks great, congrats on sticking with it! I refinished an old whaler and didn't know what to do with all my extra time when I was done

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great choices on the finishes, looks great, congrats on sticking with it! I refinished an old whaler and didn't know what to do with all my extra time when I was done
Thanks I have always been a fan of the light blue and seafoam colors was hard choice but I'm happy with the blue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like the way the seat flips up. Very clean build and good looking Merc!
One of my favorite parts also allows for easy access to the battery box. The old Mercury has been great. It was in the back of my buddies shop discarded and I spent about $700 and some time to get it running. It likes to run wide open and hates no wake zones (idle).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts