SOLD/EXPIRED Ranger Banshee Extreme Certificate

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Doug_K., Aug 7, 2013.

1. Doug_K.

Doug_K. I Love microskiff.com!

Ranger Banshee Extreme and Trailer $26000 OBO - $26000 (Savannah GA)
    60 HP 4-Stroke Yamaha Outboard, Bob's 4 inch Ultra Light Jack Plate, Power Pole Shallow Water Anchor, Minn Kota TM, Humminbird Electronics, and Blue Point Fabrication Metal Work. We can sign the certificate over and you can build your boat exactly the way you choose. Certificate can be unpgraded at added cost for another boat from Ranger.

Doug Kellogg
    40four-54five-two1five2

2. Net 30

Net 30 Soy un Perdedor

Just curious.......what's a "certificate"?

3. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

A boat won in a tournament. They give them a certificate to have it built after the tourny.

4. Doug_K.

Exactly, we won the IFA Savannah. You take the certificate to your local Ranger dealer and it is built then delivered to the dealer. You get to pick out colors so its custom to you like most Ranger boats are built.

5. suhmoszetaetatheta

suhmoszetaetatheta SC16-obtw-I Love microskiff.com!

How do taxes work on this sale?

6. sickz284u

sickz284u The redfish whisperer!

You pay the taxes on the price you purchase the boat for. The seller pays his own taxes. My fishing partner just bout the last certificate that was for sale last month on here.

7. Doug_K.

8. tomsantilli

tomsantilli I Love microskiff.com!

For clarity purposes - the boat you describe, with the various options, will cost approx $26K and that is the 'retail' value of the certificate? And you are wanting offers on that $26K 'value'? Just want to be clear...

9. Doug_K.

The taxable value that I am paying taxes on the certificate is $30,000. If you were to go to a ranger dealer to buy one (which you cant from what they have told me) exactly as this one is rigged is acctually going to cost you more than $30K. Yes I am asking $26K OBO. It does not retail for $26K.

You also have the option of using the certificate to upgrade to one of the other boats in the ranger line, you do not have to use it for a Banshee you just have to cover the difference. That is up to you to determine with your local ranger dealership.

10. Doug_K.

11. spablertson

spablertson I Love microskiff.com!

Some guys in jax won this same certificate in the same tourney and started off super high close to retail... About 2 months in they ended up taking 12500 for it...

12. sickz284u

Awesome way to hijack his thread! [smiley=bitchslap.gif]

13. Doug_K.

What's a brand new Yamaha 60 4 stroke with a 6 year warranty cost?

Just sayin..............

14. spablertson

spablertson I Love microskiff.com!

60HP Yamaha Outboards for sale ranging from $6495 to $7312. Available Series : Four Stroke High Thrust , Four Stroke Jet Drive , Four Stroke Midrange. ... Price: $6, 916.00. MSRP: $8, 735.00 ... Point???

15. sickz284u

12,500 is rediculous... If you can find me certificates for that price I'll buy every one of them. Cash in hand. Let me know.

16. samhand579

samhand579 I Love microskiff.com!

I bought a certificate boat last year, its a great deal and you can verify the certificate # by calling Kay at Ranger.

Most go in the 20's. You pay tax on what you pay for the certificate. The winners pay tax on its 'value'. And its no longer a production boat so you can't walk into a dealer and buy a new one.

Ranger does take about 4-6 months to build a boat sometimes though if they are backed up. Also be prepared to change out the stock yamaha prop, it sucks. Ken at prop gods makes a nice Powertech that works great.

Awesome boat. Drafts 6-8'', runs in 4''. Sure a Maverick is great, but you can get this new for price of a 5 year old Mav.

17. sickz284u

My fishing partner bought the last one that was won at the titusville tournament on here for 21k. That was still a good deal. That's why I said I'll buy every one of them for 12,500 that comes up. That's rediculous. I don't believe it sold for that cheap unless it was to a friend etc.

18. Doug_K.