Ramlin trailer bearings

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by ZAWHITE, Feb 12, 2018.

1. ZAWHITE

ZAWHITE Member

On my way to pick up my HB glades and trailer it back to SC. Anyone happen to know what size hub/bearings are used on these trailers? Want to have spares ready in case one goes on the voyage north

2. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Call Ramlin, they should know unless someone switched them.

3. Rayreds

Rayreds Well-Known Member

If you need to change bearing on a trip you better have a axle on hand also. Pack and or replace them before you on the Road and you'll thanks me later. Just Saying!!!

4. sjrobin

sjrobin I Love microskiff.com!

The bearings should have grease fittings. Ask the previous owner if he dry launched or how he launched the skiff. Add plenty of grease to the bearings before you head home. Ramlin used different axle manufacturers not standard bearing sizes.

5. mtoddsolomon

mtoddsolomon Lip Ripper

Ramlins are torsion axle trailers, shouldn't have to change axle for a loooong time. I'd get some marine grease and pump them full before your trip and you should be fine.

6. Rayreds

Rayreds Well-Known Member

Yea but if a bearing goes out on the road it will take the spindle out also.....in any event its bad day on the side of the road. I would not start a road trip with out knowing the condition of the bearings and that can only be done with a visual inspection. But its up to you if you want to take the chance. Me NO!!!!!