Questions about tube coming from valve cover

Discussion in 'Outboard Maintenance' started by rashouri87, Aug 17, 2009.

1. rashouri87

rashouri87 I Love microskiff.com!

I know that most of the users on this forum probably don't have experience with these mud-style motors, but I figure most of the engine gurus here have seen many styles of motors, and prob a few of these B&S lawnmotor types.

I noticed this hose coming out of what seems to be the valve cover and suspected it might have come off of something.  A user on another forum said it was the Crank Case Vent tube.  There is a hole near the back of the air filter housing but the tube creases when angled back into it, so that can't be where it goes.

I dont see any place where this tube could possibly go and I was wondering if it is supposed to be loose like this.  The motor seemed to run strong today before I noticed it, so I assume its OK, but I didn't want to damage the motor and have it die on me in the middle of nowhere or have to replace the powerhead in a couple of months.

Thanks!

2. rashouri87

rashouri87 I Love microskiff.com!

more pics, for clar.

3. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

Someone Put a K&N filter on the Motor I would suggest You figure some way to Route the Breather into the K&N Perhaps a Spacer Tube can be added ...

Also go and buy the Cleaner and K&N Oil from K&N You will be glad you did ...

Dave

4. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

some high performance auto stores might have a small vent filter you can use. or maybe just put a 1 way valve on the end of it to make sure crap doesn't get in it.