Questions about tube coming from valve cover

Discussion in 'Outboard Maintenance' started by rashouri87, Aug 17, 2009.

  1. rashouri87

    rashouri87 I Love!

    I know that most of the users on this forum probably don't have experience with these mud-style motors, but I figure most of the engine gurus here have seen many styles of motors, and prob a few of these B&S lawnmotor types.

    I noticed this hose coming out of what seems to be the valve cover and suspected it might have come off of something.  A user on another forum said it was the Crank Case Vent tube.  There is a hole near the back of the air filter housing but the tube creases when angled back into it, so that can't be where it goes.

    I dont see any place where this tube could possibly go and I was wondering if it is supposed to be loose like this.  The motor seemed to run strong today before I noticed it, so I assume its OK, but I didn't want to damage the motor and have it die on me in the middle of nowhere or have to replace the powerhead in a couple of months.

  2. rashouri87

    rashouri87 I Love!

    more pics, for clar.

  3. noeettica

    noeettica Well-Known Member

    Someone Put a K&N filter on the Motor I would suggest You figure some way to Route the Breather into the K&N Perhaps a Spacer Tube can be added ...

    Also go and buy the Cleaner and K&N Oil from K&N You will be glad you did ...

  4. firecat1981

    firecat1981 BBA Counselor

    some high performance auto stores might have a small vent filter you can use. or maybe just put a 1 way valve on the end of it to make sure crap doesn't get in it.
Similar Threads Forum Date
Current State of Galveston Area Fishing/Boat Storage Questions Gulf Coast, Alabama to Texas Sep 11, 2017
New member with gheenoe questions! Introduce Yourself Aug 24, 2017
New Mitzi 17 owner with questions. Introduce Yourself Aug 24, 2017
Gheenoe 15'4" Questions Boat Yard Basics Aug 14, 2017
questions for a 16'1969 trihull total redo Boat Yard Basics Jun 8, 2017