Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you side/guide mount a trolling motor on a salt marsh heron 16 I am unsure due to the small spray rails that are raised on the front end of the deck any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
SaltMarsh Heron 18
54 Posts
Can you side/guide mount a trolling motor on a salt marsh heron 16 I am unsure due to the small spray rails that are raised on the front end of the deck any input would be greatly appreciated
Call Erin at SM, I have the 18 and thought about that after the fact. Doesn't look possible to me. Mine is bow mounted with power pux, love it. Sometimes tough to see but its not a big deal and prefer it on the bow anyways. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call Erin at SM, I have the 18 and thought about that after the fact. Doesn't look possible to me. Mine is bow mounted with power pux, love it. Sometimes tough to see but its not a big deal and prefer it on the bow anyways. Good luck!
I called them today I was told yes it can be how did you like that power pux I want one on mine for sure

·
Paddling away...
6,554 Posts
It's a toe rail up front, not spray rail. It helps keep your fly line on the deck, as well as let you know you're at the edge if you feel it at your feet. haha

·
Registered
2020 BT Micro
211 Posts
As stated its a toe rail. The tournament edition comes with the tow rail, hatches live well, etc. Lodge edition is bare bones, no toe rail, hatches, etc, but can be "customized" however u want it. I'm in line for a Lodge Edition with hatches and a few other options and NO toe rail for exactly the reason you posted this question, I plan a trolling motor, and I don't like toe rails personally

·
Registered
SaltMarsh Heron 18
54 Posts
I called them today I was told yes it can be how did you like that power pux I want one on mine for sure
Love it, I would strongly suggest it. Price is worth it and i think maybe a sale right now on their site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone didn’t know the toe rail was possible now does anybody know what the options are on consoles for the boat or is it a standard on that they make I kind of want one like this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts