Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with any experience with Q Maxx SALT anti-corrosion spray? I've used Boeing T-9 and Corrosion X with good success in the past but needed to pick up some more and the guy at the trailer parts store recommended it. He said he thought it had some sort of thin wax in it that repelled water and therefore protected it from the salt.

Anyone have any luck with it and can share any points of interest? Can it be sprayed on everything, including electrical and on the OB engine inside the cowling? Does heat bother it? Does it need to be re-applied often or does it seem to last. Any comparison to the other two I mentioned?

Ted

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have also used Boeing T-9 and Corrosion X with good success Ted, but never used Q Maxx SALT anti-corrosion spray!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I saw the Q Maxx in Rural King the other day and I think I'm going to get some and spray my trailer springs and hubs with it. I'll report back.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Have used QMaxx salt on all of my engines, rod components and reels. Even used it to remove rust on my motorcycle rear view mirror posts. Has worked very well thus far(1.5 years), not a spot of rust and I was living in so Texas where bug spray cans rust in 2 days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts