SOLD/EXPIRED Push Poles For Sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by captnron, Dec 12, 2006.

1. captnron

captnron Guest

18' Scott Carbon/Kevlar  $375.00

22' Stinger   $450.00

2. pinfish

pinfish Guest

Cap ron ,I need one for my Gladesmen 18.I will talk to you .Cap ron is a tool for the micro skiffs!!!

3. Topwater

Topwater Well-Known Member

If the 18 is still available I need one.

4. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

I have a 21' moonlighter 2 piece that's been epoxied together. It has the added mud feet for flamingo... I've been toying with selling it and upgrading. Any clue what the current used market is for that pole?

5. captnron

captnron Guest

PM sent. Your Stiffy just came in.

6. Garry

Garry Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a shorter pole, like a 14 or 16 foot?????

7. Big_Fish

Big_Fish Well-Known Member

I want a piece of bamboo!

8. whitesnook

whitesnook Guest

I got a nice bamboo trees in moss park,
    Just go in, pay 1 dollor and cut a bamboo tree. Lol

9. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Temporarily Boatless

CR, interested in trading for a custom rod? :-?

L.R. :cool:

10. FlatsSteeler

FlatsSteeler Well-Known Member

Thats funny I have been looking for a 12-14 ' Bamboo pole for about 3 weeks now........If you find one let me know where.
    Joe

11. JoeWelbourn

JoeWelbourn "The Flats Solicitor"

Try the Silk Warehouse on the corner of I-275 and Himes, Ave in Tampa. From I-275 SouthboundExit on Himes turn right go 100 feet turn right into the parking lot. I bought a 12 foot bamboo stick there about 3 years ago. It was a waste of time for use as a pushpole. It split after being wet and dry repeatly. I found a telescoping fiberglass push-pole (structured cabling industry). It is light and short when collapsed. About 5 feet. I have been using it for about a year--no problems.

Joe

12. pinfish

pinfish Guest

Derail uncool!!!!

13. mygheenoe1

mygheenoe1 Well-Known Member

somebody took a white telescoping fiberglass pole with numbers on it out of my truck .joe.w  call me with the  serial numbers :mad: :mad: :'( :'( :'( :-/ :-X :-[

14. 1morcast

1morcast Well-Known Member

I made my pushpole out of a 14' fiberglass VHF (or SSB) antenna. Made by shakespeare, If you know anyone in the marine trades have them keep an eye out. Big boats ditch these all the time. I might start picking them up when I see them and sell em cheap!

ZW

15. Garry

Garry Well-Known Member

I'm curious on how that looks, sounds interesting. Any pics???

16. Big_Fish

Buying bamboo would be a waist of money when it grows for free
    A little shelack or or resin might do wonders

17. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Ok an open question... how many hours do you put on a bamboo pole? I have a typical push pole and will spend several hours a trip poling. I can not see any advantage to bamboo in that type of situation... are you folks looking for something that is just an infrequent use pole or a true push pole for long term use?

Cheers
    Jan

18. captnron

captnron Guest

That's the real question.  

If you don't pole much or only use the pole to push off then use PVC, Bamboo, Wood Closet Rod or anything else that will do the job.

The difference is when pole for hours is when it really matters about the weight and characteristics of the bend.  Anyone who consistently poles for hours on end will quickly upgrade to a higher quality pole.  Fiberglass PP's just fill a void for entry level poling IMHO.

Not many people spend as much time on the platform as I do, so the Stiffy Hybrid is a good compromise but IMHO it's a waste if it's less than 20 feet.

My .00000000000002 sense
    CR

BTW - I would like to see this thread moved to a "tips and tricks" section myself to promote further discussion.

19. Big_Fish

Good call, Is the MOD sleeping again?

BTW - I would like to see this thread moved to a "tips and tricks" section myself to promote further discussion.

20. mygheenoe1

mygheenoe1 Well-Known Member

:'( :'( poor BF ! :'( :'(