Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a shadowcast I bought used with an MHX pushpole that had a rubber ball shaped protector that the pole fit through to protect it from bouncing against the deck while running and trailering. I lost the ball and have looked all over the internet and cant seem to find one. It was black rubber, about the size of a softball with a hole in it the pole fit through. Any help as to where I could find one would be great, or even what they are called... Thank you

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I used to lash a rag to the pole on my SoloSkiff. My new Skull Island skiff has a rubber pad -- actually designed for that purpose -- on the front deck below the pole. No idea who makes it, but I'll bet you could find it in an internet search.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
A small three to four inch section of swimming pool noodle will work just fine for that cushion you're needing (and when you lose it or it wears out - just cut another section..). I use another short section of pool noodle with bright red or fluorescent engineer's construction tapes threaded through for my warning flag at the rear of my pole when trailering down the road - works like a charm...

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,713 Posts
I use a little stack of Sea Dek on the front and back and the pole stays solid. You can adjust the hight by adding pieces. Mine takes 3
I can post a picture of needed

·
Registered
527 Posts
Older gentlemen at the gas station the other day gave me a tip. He said to put a piece of thick starboard underneath my front push pole mount. Said the elevation keeps the pole from smacking the deck while driving. I always just keep the pole further back so it doesn't have the weight to bounce down onto the deck. Foot sticks out the back with a red flag on it while trailering. I need to try the starboard trick.

·
Registered
Beavertail Vengence
155 Posts
I use a large sponge, like you use for tile grout. You get them at hardware or Home Depot stores. Keeps the pole from slapping the deck and it is useful swapping up the deck. Wet once, wring out water and install.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts