Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,543 Posts
For sure. I use the folding one from Shallow Water Solutions because I know I'd eventually trip on one that's mounted to the top of the platform.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
590 Posts
I didn’t have one for years so you don’t technically “need one “ but if you pole a lot it’s handy and can clip it in if you’re idling from spot to spot.
I’d go with the tibor necause ive had some friends have issues with the v marine one

·
I Love microskiff.com!
63 Posts
I made one- used to have a TIbor, but I don't like the profile of it, and after a while, it rattled. This is just some bungee, para cord, and a plastic ball. Took about 15 minutes to rig up, cost $0. You have to get the length of the bungee just right, so it's tight enough to secure the pole, but loose enough to snap one-handed. Silent, low profile, inexpensive.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Definitely Tibor. Tried a belt type but tough to cast as the pole yanks on you. I use the Tibor primarily when I get down to make it a bit easier. And nice to place the pole when I fish from up top floating, not staked out- then I use a tie off.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,986 Posts
Not sure what issues someone can have with the Vmarine push pole caddy short of not giving it a shot of WD40 once in a blue moon. I've had them on my last 2 boats with no issues. I had mine mounted on the the side that I normally pole although I push from either side depending on wind and boat direction.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Honestly, I love mine. I did without for a long time, but never again. I have had V-Marine and Tibor. Both are fantastic. I use V-Marine now because I love the V-marine push pole gunnel spool holders they make.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2021 HB Professional Tunnel
717 Posts
I made one- used to have a TIbor, but I don't like the profile of it, and after a while, it rattled. This is just some bungee, para cord, and a plastic ball. Took about 15 minutes to rig up, cost $0. You have to get the length of the bungee just right, so it's tight enough to secure the pole, but loose enough to snap one-handed. Silent, low profile, inexpensive. View attachment 168768
I’ve been holding off on a holder. I like this and will copy it!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have a Tibor. The problem with it is it's either too loud, or takes too long to secure the pole. I fish solo quite a bit, so those extra seconds i spend securing the pole can seem like minutes. I've heard of some pretty cool alternatives out there, but haven't seen them in person.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.