Push Pole Bracket

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by restlesswoodie, Sep 12, 2013.

1. restlesswoodie

restlesswoodie I Love microskiff.com!

What do you use to keep the push pole off of the front of your boat? My boat has 3 pop up brackets but nothing to keep it off the front and is now wearing into the fiberglass and exposing it.

2. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

did u try moving the pole further back in the holders?

3. restlesswoodie

restlesswoodie I Love microskiff.com!

I slid it back, problem is the boat is 17' and the pole is 21', I can only slide it back so far before it drags in the water. I need some kind of bracket to hold it off of the boat up front.

4. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

Get Anytide to make you a set that spaces it off the deck a bit.

5. swaddict

swaddict Thread Killer

get a small piece of seadeck and install on the deck where the fiberglass has been worn from the pole, it will stop the rubbing and the pole from bouncing off the deck