pulled the trigger ...new YOUNG Gulfshore 20

Discussion in 'Big Boat Bragging Spot' started by smithst, Nov 11, 2012.

1. smithst

smithst I Love microskiff.com!

I lurk here quite a bit garnering knowledge and info from all you guys and gals and wanted to pass on my excitement... I got married this year and the small boat was no longer meeting the needs of a larger family soooo.... after much time and consideration we ordered a brand new YOUNG Gulfshore 20 flats boat. I'm excited as this is my first new boat. The folks at YOUNG Boats have been awesome to work with, I actually visited their facility when "Bugslinger" was having them refit his Mitzi skiff they are skilled craftsmen, fit and finish is awesome.
    They started the boat on Monday 11/05, hopefully they will be sending me build pics along the way.

2. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

I had to look it up cuz i never saw one before..
    Nice boat! Congrats with the purchase!
    Build thread build thread!!!!!!!!!!!

3. SNOOK48

SNOOK48 I Love microskiff.com!

Young is second to none when it comes to their quality. Good luck with the new boat!

4. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Dang nice boat you've got on order!

Make sure you start a build thread and keep us focused with pics.

-T

5. Parrboy

Parrboy Pg native

That might be the coolest layout I've seen on a boat. About to tear my actioncraft apart to repaint/ reconfigure and might look to do something like that. Really cool boat. Congrats!

6. cvilt

cvilt I Love microskiff.com!

7. smithst

thanks guys, sorry i've been gone with a work injury and a vacation. I will be starting the build thread this week. Young Boats has been awesome to deal with and have been updating me every few days with pics...

8. smithst

should I post the build thread here in "Big Boat Bragging Spot" since its not a "micro" or is there another forum on here that might fit it better? I've been lurking here for a few years without posting much and dont want to step on any toes.

9. backwaterbandits

backwaterbandits Well-Known Member

Wow, that's my dreamboat!
    The Young Gulfshore 20 is the the coolest thing out
    there in my opinion.
    Young is well know for their customer service.
    I'll be watching for the build pics! Congrats!

10. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Post it here.

11. Alonzo_Sotillo

Alonzo_Sotillo I Love microskiff.com!

Congrats I too have one on order! Take delivery next month!!!

12. smithst

saw your boat Friday when I visited to inspect mine...like your color my buddy had an older maverick 21 that was sea foam green..similar to yours...always liked that color. My wife wanted the FLAG blue....I went with her wishes seeing how she let me buy the boat.

glad you posted your build pics, I just have not had time to do it. Good luck with the new boat.

13. Alonzo_Sotillo

Alonzo_Sotillo I Love microskiff.com!

Sweet the flag blue will look great! What motor did you end up going with? Next time I'm up there I will see if I can take some pictures of your boat and put them up for you if you would like?

14. smithst

Here is the new boat at Squid Lips in Sebastian, FL on Sunday. Picked her up Friday then travelled to Sarasota Line-x to have the Line-X keel guard done.

[​IMG]

15. smithst

16. smithst

17. smithst

18. smithst

Line-X keel guard done by Sarasota Line-X. Awesome crew and customer service. Brian even waited late for me to get into town Friday night so I could put the boat inside his shop and not have to park it in a hotel parking lot. They started the keel guard Saturday morning about 9am and had it done by 3pm. Great customer service.

[​IMG]

19. smithst

test drive day in the barge canal...David from Young boats putting her in the water

[​IMG]

John K likes this.
  20. smithst

View westbound in the barge canal from the YETI cooler seat in front of the helm.

[​IMG]