Prop Suggestion for Suzuki 60

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by LALostmen, May 16, 2018 at 11:05 AM.

1. LALostmen

LALostmen Member

I'm running an east cape lostmen with a 2010 suzuki 60. I'm now on my second customized 3 blade and haven't found a setup that works well.

I considered switching to a 4 blade but was told by a local prop shop that the LU on the 60 couldn't handle a 4 blade with my setup - anybody know if this is accurate?

I'm looking for good hole shot and would be happy with a 4500 rpm cruise in the mid 20 mph range. Any suggestions on 3 or 4 blade prop setups that people have been happy with are greatly appreciated.

- Keith

2. WildFly

WildFly Well-Known Member

Jack Foreman prop. Got a heavy cup 3 blade on the same engine BT Mosquito. Runs exactly as you described above. I hear he also make the same prop in what he calls a "light cup" version.

Smackdaddy53 likes this.

3. Smackdaddy53

Smackdaddy53 Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!

There’s no such thing as a motor that can’t handle a 4 blade. It’s the pitch, diameter and cup that makes a prop make more resistance which calls for more power fron the motor. You could run a 6 blade with that motor, it would just need less pitch, cup, diameter or a combination of the three. IMO you need a new prop guy if he’s telling you nonsense like that.

commtrd likes this.