Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post new member

I'm running a new Yamaha 25hp with about 10 hours on it. It's mounted to a 1990 1542 duracraft.
With me and my wife an turning right at 4970 to 5010 rpms on hardline tach. 20-21mph. That's using factory prop 9 7/8 x 11. What should i drop the pitch down to to get the rmps up to the 5500 to 6000 range?
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
375 Posts
There are tons of identical setups out there like yours. I have had 2 or 3 over the years. I usually ended up with 40 hp on them though. If you dont find what you need on here, check with someone at PowerTech or maybe even Ken at PropGods. They should be able to point you in the right direction. Also if you have a local prop shop hit them up, always good to have a good local prop guy. Good luck and welcome to Microskiff.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,001 Posts
First post new member

I'm running a new Yamaha 25hp with about 10 hours on it. It's mounted to a 1990 1542 duracraft.
With me and my wife an turning right at 4970 to 5010 rpms on hardline tach. 20-21mph. That's using factory prop 9 7/8 x 11. What should i drop the pitch down to to get the rmps up to the 5500 to 6000 range?
Thanks for your help
Probably should be in d 25 mph range with that engine. And correct propeller. Tiny tach is reasonable pricing, might try one...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
55 Posts
Contrary to note above, Aluminum will get higher RPM, not lower, than stainless. Flexing in aluminum lets it turn up. Are you sure the tach is set up correctly? Definitely call power tech for advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts