Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Prop for Yamaha 25

10K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  AfterHours2 
#1 ·
I have an aluminum prop which works awesome. I go as fast as I need, and the acceleration is generous. I would like a stainless so I can mow over anything and everything! hah, kdding of course...but I would like a SS for durability, and if I can gain some performance also, then great...

Here's the prop

It runs 5880rpm at a touch over 30 with me, my kayak, and fishing gear aboard...it ran 5780 and a little over 28 with a passenger and gear...I'd like to keep this performance or possibly improve...The closest 3 blade ss prop I can get on getaprop.com is a powertech 10X11 ...should I get it? will it be a big difference between my current 9 7/8 X 11 1/4?

See less See more
#2 ·
my thought exactly will be 10 x 11" pitch 3 blade powertech prop. It will improve better accerlation, mid-range performance will respond quicker when u sharp it to full throttle, and Top speed will be the same or little bit more.

If u want a 10 x 12" 3 blade but u will lose 200 RPM and if u add another person or load then the RPM will drop more than 11" pitch.

So get the 11" pitch 3 blade and u will be happy and keep the aluminum prop for spare.

#11 ·
thanks again guys...Noe and Frank, I appreciate the help. Unfortunately, I kinda jumped the gun and had already ordered the powertech prop..

The prop arrived earlier in the week...that was FAST! Apparently powertech is out of Shreveport Louisiana which would explain the speed...hopefully this forshadows how this bad boy performs on the water! ....I'll be out of town, and I won't know until next monday at the earliest :-/

#17 ·
So what was the final verdict?
Well I'm still using the Power tech SRA3R11-YM30  (10X11)...apparently it's cupped. I'm getting 28mph @ 6050rpm with one person. Power tech suggested that I get a 13 pitch, but i'm not too sure how that'd work out. I might try a 12 pitch first.

My buddy built a Glades Skiff type boat with a 25 yamaha and is dialed in with a 12 pitch. His user name is Little...send him a pm to see what exact prop he runs.

#18 ·
I'm running the Powertech SRA3 in 11" pitch on my 25 Yamaha.

With two people down current and down wind with 12 gallons of fuel and a full load of equipment it runs 25-26 mph.

With two people up current and up wind with 12 gallons of fuel and a full load of equipment it runs 22-24 mph.

I havn't tested the speed solo as I don't think a prop should be tested solo, only with full loads.  But I don't fish solo much.

That being said, I can trim the motor out where the back 3"-4" of the cavitation plate is out of the water and this prop grabs enough to get me on plane.  No aftermarket cavitation plate is installed.

With the full load and on plane I can trim the motor out enough where 2"-3" of the prop is out of the water turning 5700+ rpm.

I too wouldn't mind testing a 12" pitch.

Awesome shallow water prop.

Videos to come soon of the capabilities.   

#19 ·
Powertech 4 blade 11 heavy cupped is what I run on my Yamaha 25 2 stroke. Its on a Gladesmen and I see 29-30 solo and 26-28 loaded. I have the 3 blade also with no cup but prefer the holeshot of the 4 blade since Im normally in shallow water. No cav plate but I have an electric jack plate which really helps dial it in. With the jackplate, I can jack the motor all the way up and still maintain water pressure. Speed decreases quite a bit but I can run across some super skinny water... :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.