Prop for a Honda BF75L

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by pgmelton, Jun 15, 2011.

1. pgmelton

pgmelton I Love microskiff.com!

Hello,

I just picked up a circa 1982 7.5hp 4 stroke Honda for my little skiff. The boats needs an impeller and a propeller. Impeller very easy to find, in fact, already ordered from iboats.com. My next hunt is to find an affordable prop.

Biggest problem is I know nothing about props. So quite frankly, I may be compelled to spend more than I originally intended ($35-$55) if the benefits are there (increased efficiency more than anything else, speed is secondary).

What are good sources for affordable props and what are the benefits of a more expensive prop?

Thanks in advance.

2. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

IBoats should have the proper prop for the motor also. Not sure of the splines but somewhere in the 8-9 pitch should be about right. No need to really go overboard with the price, just stick to the simple aluminum. On a motor that size, you will not really benefit from using stainless, different pitch, cupping etc..

3. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

The selection of props for that motor is extremely limited ...If your existing prop is OK leave well enough alone ...

a stingray Jr. can be helpful ...You have a nice reliable motor ...

only one prop available 7 pitch ... 9 pitch is too big ...

http://boatpropellers.iboats.com/Honda/7.5_HP_%281978-1987%29_7.00-Pitch_Propellers/196/?cart_id=093265720