Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just picked up a circa 1982 7.5hp 4 stroke Honda for my little skiff. The boats needs an impeller and a propeller. Impeller very easy to find, in fact, already ordered from iboats.com. My next hunt is to find an affordable prop.

Biggest problem is I know nothing about props. So quite frankly, I may be compelled to spend more than I originally intended ($35-$55) if the benefits are there (increased efficiency more than anything else, speed is secondary).

What are good sources for affordable props and what are the benefits of a more expensive prop?

Thanks in advance.

·
Stripper in my own Mind!
2,539 Posts
IBoats should have the proper prop for the motor also. Not sure of the splines but somewhere in the 8-9 pitch should be about right. No need to really go overboard with the price, just stick to the simple aluminum. On a motor that size, you will not really benefit from using stainless, different pitch, cupping etc..

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
The selection of props for that motor is extremely limited ...If your existing prop is OK leave well enough alone ...

a stingray Jr. can be helpful ...You have a nice reliable motor ...

only one prop available 7 pitch ... 9 pitch is too big ...

http://boatpropellers.iboats.com/Honda/7.5_HP_%281978-1987%29_7.00-Pitch_Propellers/196/?cart_id=093265720

1 - 3 of 3 Posts