Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PHW Logo.png

The Crosthwait Memorial Fishing Tournament, along with Yellowfin, is sponsoring the annual Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing event for local disabled vets who are learning how to fly fish, to help them to get through their handicaps and disabilities and give them something to look forward to. This event is on the south side of Tampa Bay on Snead Island, at the Bradenton Yacht Club. In the past, we've had big named guides and TV personalities come and help take these vets on a fun 1/2 day out on the water.

We are in need of accomplished fly fishermen and guides who have boats and TPS who want to volunteer a half day taking a vet out fly fishing. If so, please PM me to get you on the list of boat volunteers for the event on May 19th.

Also, we can use some accomplished fly fishermen volunteers who will be willing to assist the vets, on and off the boats and to go with them, helping them with their rod setup, providing flies, tying on flies, helping them with leaders, tippets and such, landing fish, etc. These volunteers will go out on the water with the vets and assist the captain with the vet directly, so captains/boat operators can stay focused on keeping them on the fish.

Areas we will fish will be the south side of Tampa Bay and the Bradenton areas., from Bishop Harbor, Joe Bay, Terra Ceia, Emerson Point, Manatee River, Perico, Palma Sola, the Bulkhead and around Holmes Beach/Anna Maria Island.

Lunch will be provided at the Bradenton Yacht Club. Fishing from 8:00am until Noon.

Ted-Haas-Project-Healing-Water-Fly-Fishing-Crosthwait-Bradenton-800dpi.jpg

DSCN8395.JPG

IMG957799.jpg

Veteran Phil Manzur & Capt Bryon Chanberalin.jpg

Healing_Waters_Group_Photo.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/crosthwaitfishingtournament/photos/rpp.187660677942969/2706875116021500/?type=3&theater

So come join in and give back to those who gave so much for us!

PM me and I'll get you more details!

Ted Haas

·
Registered
478 Posts
This is awesome Ted! Wish I was there to help! This is now even closer to our hearts considering that we are naturalized Americans as of 2 weeks ago and that this amazing country and his people have done so much for us already.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts