Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
I haven't been able to keep a redfish or snook in my area for over 3 or 4 years (red tide area) Ft Myers luckily I can go a little further south and keep one but my boats are the only thing that keeps me from snapping. Plus who knows if the market will ever collapse again and if not I couldn't afford to buy something down the road just food for thought. On a side note that Beavertail will probably sell within the day. Good luck with whatever you decide to do Capn.

·
Registered
2020 BT Micro
593 Posts
IRL is my stomping grounds, grew up here in south Brevard. It's a shame what's happened to our fishery. I watched the net ban really benefit our fishery and it boomed....now runoff, chemicals, population explosion have killed the grass and destroyed the fishery....damn shame.
I will keep fishing and so should you...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,643 Posts
FWC is closing harvest is redfish in my area. Catch and release only. Not that I keep many. Usually non survivors. I’m sure other species will follow along with closure of areas to boats. Might be a good time financially to get out. I hate more rules while real issues are not addressed.
If you don't already, start voting the environment at every level of government, not business as usual. Sponsor outdoorsmen/women to run for office.

·
Registered
2020 BT Micro
593 Posts
Good. More of you should get the fuck out too. Go back to New Jersey or wherever the fuck you’re from.
Across several threads now your proving to be a new asshole on this forum...if you would like to stay stop the drama, and contribute in a meaningful way. There are other forums you can join and fight all day/night

·
Registered
368 Posts
I live in this area too and I hope they close all species and make everything catch and release for a while.. this place is a desert. Are there a few fish yes but it’s a sad sad place unfortunately. The sea grass is gone, the habitat is gone, the fish are gone.. been fishing it since 98 and has declined every year.. I hope they do everything possible to make it better. I’ll give up keeping fish for life if it would just make a 1/10th dif

·
Panhandler
3,477 Posts
I've seen the Lagoon decline drastically in recent years, unfortunately. But what's so bad about catch and release for awhile? FWC doesn't always get things right, but in this case I agree. If we give the fish a chance, they will come back. And we also need to put more pressure on the politicians to clean up the mess or vote for someone who will. The party in power in Tallahassee touts supporting business, yet tourism and sport-fishing are multi-million dollar businesses and they turn a blind eye on rampant development, unsupported infrastructure and increased population while those same businesses suffer, along with related industries like boat-builders, marine services, tackle manufacturers, etc. It just doesn't make sense.

Sell the skiff if you like. But you'll probably regret it.

·
Registered
2020 BT Micro
593 Posts
As stated the IRL is my home waters...I love to eat seafood and have been eating fish, shrimp, oysters, crabs, and clams self caught in the IRL since I was a child ( I'm 51 now)....I totally support a catch and release on everything at this point.
The clams and oysters are long gone, shrimp on the decline, fish have disappeared, etc. It's just sad.
Only a few could probably recall, but when I was a kid the bottom in the tide pool at Sebastian inlet was a beautiful weed bed...now it's sand from edge to inlet...it truly breaks my heart to see what the IRL has become.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts