Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Summer I picked up a running but beat up little Privateer, I'd been looking for one of these for a while. Ended up repowering and using the boat as it was, and it's a great little general purpose hull for the rivers and creeks here south of Charleston.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I decided over the Winter that I needed to repaint the interior and thankfully with this boat, the transom and decks are rock-solid. So for now, no structural or layout changes as I've done with other rebuilds.

I didn't want to spend a ton of $$ so I bought a some sandpaper, a gallon of Petit gray bilge paint and here are the results. Since the inside of these have a rough fiberglass finish, a splatter-finish helps break up the lines. Pics are before I put on new hardware and re-did the wiring. This should get me through a few years, and should be easy to keep clean. Low-maintenance is what I'm looking for.

I need to find a simple rub-rail for those rolled edges. If you have any suggestions I'd like to hear them!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last Summer I picked up a running but beat up little Privateer, I'd been looking for one of these for a while. Ended up repowering and using the boat as it was, and it's a great little general purpose hull for the rivers and creeks here south of Charleston.

I have one just like that. Ever since I discovered this site, I have been thinking about attempting a restoration/modification project on it. There is no shortage of inspiration and design ideas here.
Rock solid little boats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.