Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Yamaha F60tlr 4 stroke. Its the carbed 4 stroke year.
After shutting down and poling for 30 mins or so the bulb is empty and I have to re prime it.
I just replaced the bulb with oem yamaha bulb.
All the fuel lines are new and all the connections are tight. If I prime the bulb the night before a trip the next morning the bulb has lost its prime.
The motor is a cold starter but once it starts I never have any problems with the motor at any rpm. After I pole for a while it is hard to start again.
I also replaced the fuel pump as a guess.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Inline check valve? I would think the primer bulb would have a check built in, but it sounds like a check valve not working properly.

·
Banned
276 Posts
I have a 2002 Yamaha F60tlr 4 stroke. Its the carbed 4 stroke year.
After shutting down and poling for 30 mins or so the bulb is empty and I have to re prime it.
I just replaced the bulb with oem yamaha bulb.
All the fuel lines are new and all the connections are tight. If I prime the bulb the night before a trip the next morning the bulb has lost its prime.
The motor is a cold starter but once it starts I never have any problems with the motor at any rpm. After I pole for a while it is hard to start again.
I also replaced the fuel pump as a guess.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Is the bulb vertical? If it is not, the fuel will drain back slowly, thus losing prime.

***EDIT*** When I say vertical, the inlet should be at the bottom and the outlet at the top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts