Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any forum members out there have a stock Powertech SS 4 blade SRA4R11 (11 pitch) that live in the Central Florida area that would be willing to let me test their prop for about an hour?  I have a Powertech 3 blade SRA3R11 you are welcome to demo at the same time to compare performance to your 4 blade.

It would have to be a Class "B" prop for a 20-35 HP outboard.

·
Stripper in my own Mind!
2,537 Posts
I have one but it's a 10 pitch for a Yamaha 25. Not sure if it would help? Got a test lake too if needed..

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, thanks for the offer but el9surf let me borrow his 10 a couple weeks ago, its a great prop. The 11p is the one I havent tried yet. Appreciate it though..

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem man. Were the rpms too high with the 10?
Don't have a tach, cardinal sin to propping a boat, I know. Trying to do this low budge by just comparing performance of a few different props. My motor has a rev limiter alarm that trips at 6300 and the 10p did not hit it. Last prop I want to try is the 11p 4 blade to see if I can get any more speed.

·
Stripper in my own Mind!
2,537 Posts
Sounds good. Just remember that going up to a 11 should actually decrease your rpms. Atleast that's what I thought. Seems like the 10p 4 blade is the go to for the smaller motors..

·
Banned
906 Posts
Sounds good. Just remember that going up to a 11 should actually decrease your rpms. Atleast that's what I thought. Seems like the 10p 4 blade is the go to for the smaller motors..
Increasing pitch decreases RPM's. I think Powertech also has a 9 pitch 4 blade too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts