Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Power Trim and Tilt leaking

1880 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  swaddict
on my 60hp 2 stroke yammi, I noticed fluid leaking out of one of the pistons. Actually created a nice little puddle, I'm assuming an o-ring is leaking. Is this an easy fix or more to it?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Cert. Yamaha technician
4,360 Posts
You will need the right size spanner wrench. One seal and one wiper.
Also inspect piston for pitting or scratches, as those are what hurt the seal 90% of the time, and will destroy new seals as well. Also a decent understanding of the trim system is needed when filling it back up, or you can burn it up.

· Thread Killer
2007 Gordon Waterman 70hp Yamaha Tiller
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, what size spanner wrench and is that something I can get at an auto parts store

· Cert. Yamaha technician
4,360 Posts
Honestly i dont know what size spanner wrench it needs cuz i have the yamaha tool..
And ive never seen a spanner wrench at any auto parts store. I think you might have to get it off of a snap on truck.

· Thread Killer
2007 Gordon Waterman 70hp Yamaha Tiller
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
decided to drop it off, the spanner wrench was going to run me $70 - 80 (for the 4 prong), ended up costing me $123 to get both pistons serviced with new seals/o rings, thx for the advice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.