Power Trim and new throttle ???

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by eastcoastshredd, Jan 28, 2010.

1. eastcoastshredd

eastcoastshredd I Love microskiff.com!

Ok I'm pretty sure the two are related. The trim function from the throttle is no longer working. Also, the boat sometimes gets stuck in what feels like 1st gear. It revs up really high and won't kick out. Sometimes it does kick out, or doesn't even have a problem. I was thinking about replacing the throttle assembly. With this replaced will it fix my trim and throttle problem? Any help would be great. Thanks

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Things get old and wear out.
    Salt water environment eats electronic switches.
    Cables require regular adjustments or replacement.
    If you don't know how to diagnose the problem, take it to a pro.
    A malfunctioning shifter can get you hurt or worse.

3. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

The trim switches in the throttles have to be replaced every now and then. They are out in the weather and get bumped more times than you ever could imagine. It sounds more like your cables need to be adjusted. However, like the world famous google man said above, if you don't know what you are doing, it could end up costing more down the road. Take it to a GOOD mechanic and have him/her take a look at it.