Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my 2007 BT has from what I believe is the older 2008 power pole with the manual switch that works fine on the center console, but my controller died. Went to TMS to get my new trolling motor installed in town and got a hold of 2-3 other older mag sync remotes to try and program them to the black receiver box and none worked. Red programming light came on and all, but nothing ever happened. As I said the manual up and down rocker switch works fine though and I know it is all wired inline with each other. This is the programming for the remote I followed with no success:

1. Locate the red light and the small programming button on the receiver board.
2. Push the button and hold for 1 second “the light should stay on solid”.
3. Push any button on one of the transmitters and hold for 1 second
4. Push the same button again and hold for 3 seconds
5. The receiver and transmitter should be programmed to match at this time.

Called Power Pole they think I need a new Mag-Sync unit. Anyone have this issue or a solution before I pull the trigger on a new remote and receiver? Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same exact setup. I just bought two new remotes and programmed them. The may sync remote has a small magnet built inside of it. When you hold it over the black box the magnet activates the light to program. The instructions I had were a little different that what you listed. Try this out and see if it programs your remote.
https://www.power-pole.com/JLMarine/Support/manuals/MAG-SYNC-RC-WO-2click.pdf

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same exact setup. I just bought two new remotes and programmed them. The may sync remote has a small magnet built inside of it. When you hold it over the black box the magnet activates the light to program. The instructions I had were a little different that what you listed. Try this out and see if it programs your remote.
https://www.power-pole.com/JLMarine/Support/manuals/MAG-SYNC-RC-WO-2click.pdf

I'm not sure mine is the mag sync now though.... Anyone know?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont think so, but not 100%. This is what mine looks like:
Yea, mine definitely isn't the mag sync now. I think that's just what I am going to have to upgrade to. I cant run a C Monster setup due to the fact that the remote/ transmitter and the current pumps don't run on the same radio frequency.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts