Power Pole Question

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by Jsangius25, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Jsangius25

Jsangius25 I Love microskiff.com!

In general, how much battery life does a power pole use on an average day of fishing?

I'd like to connect it to my starting battery, but it is much more convenient for me to hook it up to my trolling motor battery. Any tips would be great!

2. hferrell87

hferrell87 Well-Known Member

I have the Powerpole Sig. Series, w/monster pump and have it directly hooked up to my only battery in the boat. I don't notice any problems from using the powerpole all day.

You can use on either...

3. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

had mine on my starter. In theory I would say its best on the troller. But I never had any issue with it on my starter. But my engine had a alternator. I don't think they draw a lot during the day.

4. Jsangius25

Jsangius25 I Love microskiff.com!

Thank you very much! I feel more confident connecting it to the trolling battery.

5. Godzuki86

Godzuki86 FlounderPounder

I've never had an issue with the power pole draining the battery. I'd hook it to the motor battery and forget about it. Don't over think it. Your g2g

Andy

6. captain._nate

captain._nate I Love beer!

using a PP is not going to create any noticeable difference in battery life.

7. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

[movedhere] General Discussion [move by] iMacattack.