Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my Power-Pole and placed the HPU under the center console. The insulated box under the console seat sticks a bit into the console, so there's a flat surface formed by the aft-most side of the box. I attached the pump bracket to this surface with thru-bolts. The picture below is from the front seat, looking towards the stern through the console.

IMG_0857.JPG

My question is this: There is about a .25" gap between the bottom of the pump reservoir and the top of the flat surface with the bracket on it. Should I put anything under it to cushion it from any shock or vibration? I'm probably overthinking things, but the way the bracket is engineered, I fear the weight of the pump and fluid pulling up on the 2 forward-most bolts and cracking the fiberglass. If the material were bit thicker, I wouldn't give it a second thought. For what it's worth, there currently isn't any movement in the material, but I'm just wondering if there will be when I get out on the water. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I stuff a shop towel under mine. It does double duty of supporting the reservoir and sopping up the constantly leaking fluid. Been that way for several years now; I just swap towels and add fluid every 4th or 5th trip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts