Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having issues going through reversing relay modules? Seems like they go bad on a moments notice. Power poles fix is to replace the $119 module completely, and install a new one which entails cutting and splicing the wires in a cramped space. I personally have been through 3 now, and a good friend of mine has been through 2 modules.
Is there any more reliable system, or a way to make them last longer?

·
Banned
1,441 Posts
I think I would install an in-line fuse ,small enough to blow before relay , in an easy to replace spot. Too high of amperage usually the trouble w/ blown relays .Sound like a lemon. Nothing worse. Good luck

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I personally have been through 3 now, and a good friend of mine has been through 2 modules
Is the power pole failing in the same position every time? For example, the relays burning up on the lift cycle vs the deploy cycle.

I think I would install an in-line fuse ,small enough to blow before relay , in an easy to replace spot. Too high of amperage usually the trouble w/ blown relays
The power side of the system is already fused. These relays are failing from hotswitching and its not always obvious how much current is passing through them.

I don't own a hydraulic power pole so I don't have any good ideas but as sure as god wears sandals I wouldn't be paying power pole $120 when the $12 version is more reliable and easier to service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts