Power pole placement on a pathfinder 1700 tunnel?

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by JW34476, Apr 6, 2011.

1. JW34476

JW34476 2007 East Cape Lostmen

I just recently purchased a 1998 pathfinder 1700 tunnel and I'm trying to figure out the best placement for the 6 ft power pole. It seems like there isn't going to be alot of room to clear the trim tabs when fully extended down if mounted on the transom. Anyone who could share pics of their power pole placement on their 1700 tunnel or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. swaddict

swaddict Thread Killer

Congrats on the 17t, I just had a power pole installed on mine a few months ago. I really enjoy working on the boat and did some research on installing the power pole myself. After finding very little info, even posting questions on the MBC forum I decided to let the pro's do it. The main problem is being able to access the transom from the rear hatch. This is an issue because behind the inner rear hatch liner, (where the power supply from the engine is mounted) is filled with foam and that foam must be removed to install the power pole. The ideal solution is cutting a small circular access hatch on the back right portion of the deck, directly in front of the mounting location for the power pole (I believe 6"). The shop that I took it to installed a 1/2" backing plate, which makes it very sturdy. The power pole will fit between the tabs and eye hook, it is tight though. I will take pics and post for you in the next day or two. Hope this helps and don;t hesitate to ask me if you have any more questions.

3. JW34476

Thanks a ton!!! I'd love to see the pics. I've been scratching my head for the last few days. Thanks again for the reply and I'd appreciate the pics.

4. mcmsly2

mcmsly2 I Love microskiff.com!

you didnt happen to buy the one from the guy in lehigh acres did you??

5. JW34476

@ prop shiner, No I bought it from a friend here in Ocala.

@ swaddict, I looked at the boat after your post and saw there was small approx. Six inch round hatch on the starboard rear deck near the poling platform, I haven't opened it but it may be able to be used to through bolt the mount like you were talking about.

6. mcmsly2

mcmsly2 I Love microskiff.com!

oh, ok i was gonna yell at you if that was you. haha. i was a day late. congrats on an awesome boat.

7. swaddict

swaddict Thread Killer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know if you need any more pics.  It can be done, but it is a 2 person job.  I would have tackled myself, but I have a little one that loves to help Daddy with everything.

8. JW34476

Thanks for the great pics! I'll let you know how it goes.