Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty set on adding a power pole to my Heron 18 this year.

Not sure if I should bolt it to the transom, I could handle this install myself, but I don’t want to drill four holes for mounting the pole, and then three more for hoses and power. That’s a lot of holes.

I would prefer to mount it to an outboard bracket and shim. My problem is I have never taken a motor bigger than a 20hp off of any boat. I have an etec 90 and was wondering if it’s something I could do in the garage without a lift. Are the bolts sealed with 5200? Should I have a boat yard install the bracket for me?

Any preference on port or starboard mount?

I have heard that Mercury will void their warranty if the sandwich type bracket is used. The brackets must be mounted to an approved jackplate. Has anybody heard of any warranty issues for evinrude and this type of bracket? I don’t have a jackplate.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
63 Posts
Pretty sure how the brackets are designed you don’t have the pull the motor off

you loosen up one side then take the bolts off the other side install the adapter plate

then do the same on the other side for the spacer plate

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty sure how the brackets are designed you don’t have the pull the motor off

you loosen up one side then take the bolts off the other side install the adapter plate

then do the same on the other side for the spacer plate
Are the bolts usually caulked in? 5200, 4200. Will they come out easy enough without screwing up the transom. Guess I should give Salt Marsh a call and see what they use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts